Job title: Senior Secondary Steel Engineer
Location: London ( minimum of 2-3 days in the office required )
Whom are we recruiting for?
We are recruiting for a global-leading company that specializes in the design of offshore wind foundation structures for wind turbines and offshore substations.
Our client got the experience and expertise to provide innovative designs for highly challenging conditions and you will be joining a team of experienced offshore engineering specialists.
What will you be doing?
- Working with their existing experienced secondary steel engineers to develop efficient and innovative designs for secondary structures on their wind turbine and substation foundations design projects
- Contributing to the development of their secondary structures design capabilities, including supporting junior engineers and assisting with in-house R&D and software development
- Working collaboratively with other technical disciplines involved with their design projects, such as primary steel and electrical design
- Preparation of high-quality design deliverables, including both written design reports and 2D drawings (supported by the company’s and CAD team)
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Significant experience in the design of secondary steel for an offshore structure such as internal and external platforms, boat landings, and ladders, ideally in offshore wind
- Familiarity with offshore structural design software, ideally the Sesam suite of software
- Familiarity with typical design criteria and analysis approaches for secondary steel design, including ULS, FLS, SLS, and lift analysis of structures in air and water
- Familiarity with structural detailing, such as the design of welded and bolted connections
- Familiarity with applicable design standards, in particular, Eurocode standards for steel and aluminum design
- We anticipate a minimum of 4 years of engineering experience working in the design of offshore structures
- A Masters's degree in Civil / Structural / Mechanical Engineering, or a suitable equivalent
- A Chartered Engineer, or working towards chartership
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive basic salary
- Holidays, starting at 25 days a year
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- A flexible contributory pension scheme
- Private medical and dental insurance
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on the talent within the Maritime and Renewable Energy sectors. We give 1% of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions for poverty-stricken communities.