At British Gas, we have a huge opportunity to help customers, and the nation, prepare for a net zero future and support them through a once in a generation cost-of-living crisis.
As a purpose-led organisation, we couldn’t be more excited about this opportunity to help millions of customers to live more sustainably, simply and affordably.
We’re one of the best-known services companies in the UK, with a very broad set of capabilities and a family of door-opening brands that are the envy of many. We are uniquely well placed to lead the market in Net Zero, delivering customer-centric solutions with a relentless focus on commercial performance.
Whether we’re installing an EV charger on every driveway in the UK, introducing thousands of homes a year to the benefits of heat pumps, insulation and solar, or creating a market-leading platform and set of propositions within Hive, our ambition is clear.
The Net Zero team is seeking an outstanding and deeply commercial individual to take a business leadership role in the Insulation & retrofit arena. Someone with a passionate belief in the importance of the Net Zero agenda and the opportunity for British Gas/ Hive to play a leading role!
In this role you will be responsible and accountable for the end-to-end P&L, and for driving long-term profitable growth. You will build an effective strategy and robust business plan, be laser focused on performance, insightful at understanding customer needs, commercial levers and where to focus improvement efforts. You will be tenacious at driving change through collaboration with and by challenging colleagues!
As part of a high-performing Net Zero team, you will ensure BG achieves its ambition of becoming the
destination for Net Zero services and solutions to the home.
- End-to-end P&L performance, including revenue, gross margin and EBIT/ contribution
- Defining and delivering the commercial strategy and business plan (including business model, customers, propositions/ GTM, fulfilment model & investment priorities)
- Working closely with other Commercial teams (in particular Digital, Pricing, Marketing, Data Science, Business Development), Finance and teams across the wider matrix (Customer Fulfilment, Field Fulfilment, Supply Chain, Procurement) to ensure overall business plans are robust and compelling, and to ensure successful execution
- Analysing and identifying the key levers of performance, including the service and cost requirements for other functions within BGS&S
- Identifying initiatives to drive performance against those levers, and creating/ leading cross-functional teams to execute
- Collaborating with teams across the matrix and holding them accountable for performance & delivery in their areas
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Track record of success within the fields of commercial leadership, strategy & business planning
- Proven leadership qualities, particularly leading and influencing in a matrix organisation
- A background in renewables would be beneficial
- B2C growth environment advantageous
- One permanent position and one secondment/FTC available*
Our people are the beating heart of our business.
We are incredibly proud of our commitment to being FlexFirst. From childcare to furry friends, we listened to our people and understood that they work best when they are comfortable and have a flexible working model that suits their individual needs. We embrace the opportunity to give our colleagues a choice to work from anywhere whilst still ensuring they can connect and engage with their teams through office days, employee networks and virtual events.
In addition, after listening to what matters most to them, we have tailored our well-being & benefits package around our employees.
💰 Competitive salary and bonus potential
💡 Up to £580 Employee Energy Allowance
👵 Pension scheme
🚗 Electric car lease scheme
⛱ 33 days holiday allowance, inclusive of public holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 additional days
🏋️♀️Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers & travel insurance
🌲 We are committed to creating a cleaner and greener future.
And we’re making big changes to help us get there. That means cutting customers' emissions and our own to reach net zero. And because our people are the beating heart of our business, we will continue to champion inclusivity, develop future skills and invest in our local communities to create a better world for everyone. As part of our reforestation project with WeForest, for every new employee that joins our family, we plant trees in underprivileged areas in Tanzania to offer farming and wildlife economy opportunities for locals.