Active Directory Data Analyst
As a Barclays Active Directory Data Analyst, you will support the broader Global Active Directory Service by providing rich insights into our operations. Specifically, you will focus on Data interrogation, helping to provide insights and illuminate underlying themes relating to the consumption of the Global Active Directory Services within Barclays and will provide Data Analysis to support evidence Service Hygiene of the Global Active Directory Services.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.Working Flexibly
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.What will you be doing?
What We’re Looking For
- Creating and owning reports that provide fresh insights into Active Directory Service Health and Service Hygiene
- Ensuring skill set is kept relevant and identifies benefits of emerging technologies, attending and contributing to workshops, seminars and presentations
- Providing insights to support broader fault diagnosis relating to complex problems, being responsible for reporting the results of such diagnosis in a clear and concise manner
- Providing improvements/changes to the Active Directory services, in support of client requirements and the business area strategy
- Helping drive and influence service improvements for in-scope services and helps the broader team evidence the service is compliant with Barclays policies
- You will be responsible for managing own tasks and accountabilities
- Contributing to the governance, technical leadership and direction necessary for the implementation of changes to the Directory services infrastructure
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Experience of working in a data analysis or business analytics role
- An ability and mindset to be able to work with both structured and unstructured data
- Data visualisation skills
- A working understanding of: Elastic stack, and/or Splunk, and/or, Tableau, and/or SQL
Where will you be working?
- An ability and mindset to be able to work with large data sets and produce meaningful insights
- An understanding of Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Active Directory would be beneficial
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64-acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.