What You'll Do
As a Senior Knowledge Analyst (SKA) within BCG's Consumer Practice Area Knowledge Team, you will work in a growing global team, providing industry and/or functional expertise in Climate & Sustainability topics and insights whilst working together with case and proposal teams to provide knowledge assets, analysis and expert advisory. You’ll serve as a thought partner and content expert to case teams and topic/sector leaders, helping structure and solve complex issues.
Additionally, you will support the Consumer Products Group in developing existing & new intellectual property and knowledge assets. You will work on commercialization efforts for the topic/sector, in conjunction with business leaders, supporting marketing efforts, conferences and publications. As a Senior Knowledge Analyst you will assist with on-boarding, training and guiding junior colleagues and share best practices within the team.
BCG’s Consumer Practice is one of the firm's largest industry practice areas and keeps growing continuously across all regions. BCG’s Consumer practice creates breakthrough innovations for clients in the four sectors: consumer goods, retail and fashion & luxury.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Solving client problems through formulating relevant research and/or analytical approaches in Consumer Products Climate & Sustainability focused challenges
- Ability to work autonomously and with a strong entrepreneurial thinking spirit. You can develop a strong business-building focus to operate/influence effectively stakeholders in an international matrix organization and identify where the Knowledge Team can be involved to better support case teams
- Communicating with senior stakeholders, in a credible and confident way
- Codifying knowledge and maintaining assets, benchmarks and tools for the Sustainable Operations topic based on different client contexts
- Consulting skills and approach will be key to succeed in the role when supporting case teams
- Working collaboratively and effectively in a group dynamic often virtual, proficient in agile ways of working
- Flexibility and bringing a curious and creative mindset, open to new things and able to propose innovative ideas
- Ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity
You Bring (experience & Qualifications)
- 1-2+ years of consulting experience in relevant CPG/Grocery Retail Sustainable Operations and Procurement required; candidates with consulting experience preferred.
- In lieu of consulting experience, 2+ years minimum industry experience required; 3-6+ years of industry experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required (advanced degree preferred).
- Knowledge in at least one or two from the following topics:
- Sustainable supply chain (purchasing & supply management manufacturing operations, green supply chain transformation).
- Food and agriculture linked sustainability (Sustainable food systems, Water & waste management, Biodiversity and Nature based solutions Including regenerative agriculture practices).
- Sustainable growth (Portfolio strategy, product innovation, green business development).
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, utilizing data to reach conclusions (Excel, Alteryx/Tableau, and/or other digital tools.
- Experience with business intelligence solutions for data analysis, visualization, cost modelling, and reporting.
- Fluency in English; other languages would be an advantage - French or German.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholder while working in a global collaborative team environment.
YOU'LL WORK WITH
As a Senior Knowledge Analyst you will collaborate with global topic leads and colleagues across BCG to bring expertise and capabilities to the service of our internal and external clients. Our team is made up of a diverse pool of knowledge positions that allow us to pursue exciting, innovative knowledge careers
The Knowledge Team (KT) is a group of functional and/or industry experts leveraging deep domain knowledge to enable insight for case teams and clients. KT members are affiliated to BCG Practice Areas, plugged into the strategic agenda and building and deploying leading edge IP data tools/assets to deliver insight.
BCG's Knowledge Team members have the opportunity to be staffed on cases and help co-create insights with case teams and clients through expert perspectives on industry trends, delivery of proprietary data or tools in a particular function and complex research and analysis of market information. KT members also support the PA’s business development and proposals and help to organize and codify the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for its clients