51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Worley has made a firm commitment to support the energy transition, and central to this is delivering on renewable energy generation. In order to facilitate this business level initiative, we’re rapidly expanding our capabilities within the offshore wind and power offtakes sector and establishing an offshore wind Centre of Excellence. Green Hydrogen is becoming an integral component of our offer to our customers, due to the difficulties for firm grid access or power curtailments in some regions. Worley’s broader ambitions in the offshore renewable space extend from early-stage concept and feasibility through to delivering full EPC and EPCI packages.
This is a dynamic role that will require not only a broad technical understanding of process type projects but also a willingness to work differently. Clients will be predominantly in UK & Ireland, and the rest of Europe. As a fast-growing entity within the Worley group, the Green Hydrogen/Power team will be looking to deliver projects using innovative business models and utilising existing, and developing new, digital solutions and design automation.
This role will be tailored to your experience –you may have 2-3 years as an assistant project manager and looking for the next step in your career, or you might be more experienced looking for involvement in FEED and EPC(I). What is important to us is your understanding of the industry, and the drive and enthusiasm to make the Worley Centre of Excellence a truly global success.
As Project Manager, you will be a crucial contributor to the performance of the business unit. You’ll take responsibility on projects (ranging from small to large, depending on your experience) for;
- Driving and leading best practice in all safety matters
- Cultural awareness (and emotional intelligence) when communicating internally and externally across a diverse set of geographies and people
- Willingness to share, learn, teach and collaborate with other project managers and staff, mentoring junior staff where necessary
- Developing, maintaining and improving customer relationships
- Monitoring project performance
- Managing small and/or large projects (depending on experience)
- Identifying and delivering on commercial and technical objectives on your projects
- Coordinating a team of technical consultants and engineers to meet deadlines
- Managing de-centralised teams as we work with our international clients
- Assisting and leading bid and tenders for related projects
- Up-skilling existing Worley staff and developing the power to X team
- Looking for a new challenge – working in a small team where an entrepreneurial mind set for rapid growth is required!
- A degree in engineering (Masters/Project Management qualifications beneficial)
- Minimum 5 years experience in Engineering and/or Project Management
- A passion for being a part of the energy transition and project ownership
- Greenfield project development experience – for example site selection, cooperating with EIA consultants, stakeholder engagement, site surveys and concept/basic design
- Direct experience in a relevant technical area e.g. contributing/delivering technical projects in offshore wind, hydrogen, energy storage etc.
- An ability to manage teams across multiple delivery locations, bringing the team together as ‘one Worley’
- Good account management skills
- Demonstrable experience in project management fundamentals (cost, risk, schedule and contractual management, change control etc)
- Engineering consultancy-type experience - and leading/delivering front-end consultancy type proposals/reports
- Experience with commercial terms and WBS/hours estimation for cost control.
- Full-time permanent role.
- This role can be remotely based, with a preference for proximity to our local offices. Intermittent travel to the Worley offices in these locations will be expected.
- Reporting to your Line Manager based in the UK.
- Working with Worley consultancy/engineering teams based all around Europe.
- Strong promotional opportunities within the larger Worley organisation.
What We Offer You
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
GBR-GC-Glasgow, GBR-NWE-Manchester, GBR-AC-Aberdeen, GBR-SOT-Stockton
Mar 14, 2023
Reporting Manager Title
Green Hydrogen Portfolio Manager