Term: Permanent, full time
Location: Edinburgh (Preferred) / London / Cardiff
Start Date: Flexible but preferred immediately
Benefits: 28 days annual leave + public holidays, pension contributions, healthcare, and wellbeing
Protium Green Solutions (Trading name “Protium”) is a multinational hydrogen energy company, which supports businesses to reach net zero emissions across their heat, power and mobility requirements. We are a fast-growing company, with some of the leading global voices in the emerging green hydrogen market on our team. We are deeply passionate about addressing climate change and reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and our focus on green hydrogen is driven by the desire to see the global economy transition rapidly towards renewable resources.
The first pure-play hydrogen energy company in the UK, we offer a unique opportunity to learn about the possibilities and challenges of deploying green hydrogen solutions. You will work on some of the most challenging and innovative decarbonisation projects that have been proposed in the UK (and perhaps the world), whilst contributing towards the UKʼs Net Zero emission goals. We offer regular contact time with senior management, as well as significant autonomy and authority to lead workstreams and own relationships with clients as well as suppliers.
This is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious candidate that is looking to stretch their knowledge and skills and accelerate their career path.
The Grid Development Manager shall report into the Project Development Lead. Their activities will include (but may not be limited to):
- You are responsible for managing all aspects of the grid connection process with personal targets aligned with successful development of projects.
- You will manage the end-to-end connection process.
- Provide advice on strategy for connection applications: technical options for connection, cost estimate and strategy during application.
- Manage the pipeline and track new connection/pre application queries.
- Actively and autonomously drive DNO/TNO to speed up processes. Working with the development team: negotiate and optimise solutions to find the lowest cost/highest value connection option.
- Review connection offers and advise the development team summarising costs, scope of work, cashflows and options.
- Manage development/scouting of new connections.
- Due diligence of grid connection contracts from 3rd parties during acquisition.
- Working with the PM and Investment team to feed into the business case financial model.
- 5+ years’ experience working for a DNO or working for a developer dealing with grid applications and grid compliance.
- Candidates must possess strong excel skills, Microsoft Project a bonus but not required. Knowledge of full Microsoft office suite, notably PowerPoint.
- Electrical engineering or power systems background.
- Experience in renewable project development is also a significant bonus, but it is not required.
- Candidates should have a strong academic background, with a preference for candidates with a BSc/BEng or MSc/MEng in fields such as Energy, Engineering, Sustainability, or any other relevant disciplines.
- Candidates should have between 5-8 years of experience.