Our client is a specialist manufacturing company. Due to a spike in production, they now require a Mechanical Maintenance Technician.The Role
- To provide an effective maintenance and repair service to minimise breakdowns and down time and maximise operating efficiencies.
- To have read and understood the company safety policy and ensure the safe operation of the plant and designated areas to comply with the objectives of the policy.
- To use company systems to report all incidents and unsafe conditions and contribute to investigations and follow up actions as necessary.
- To ensure designated areas are maintained in a clean and safe working condition.
- To ensure that quality standards as defined by the company standard are adhered to and championed as necessary.
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly health and safety checks and inspections.
- Ensure the plant complies with Health and safety related regulations.
- HNC minimum in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Time served Apprenticeship preferable.
- Current Valid Reach and Counterbalance Forklift Truck License preferable.
- Experience of Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance in hazardous areas preferred.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing/chemical environment is desirable, as well as warehouse, logistics and distribution knowledge.
- An understanding of the legislative requirements of working with dangerous goods/hazardous chemicals would be advantageous.
- Market leading employer within their sector.
- Day shift hours.
- Paid Overtime.