The Green Recruitment Company are delighted to have partnered with a mission-led, leading global operator specialised in the provision of renewable energy solutions, to identifying a new Technical Solutions Engineer, to join their dynamic London team. This role will contribute to the design, engineering and optimisation of utility scale energy storage systems.
The business to date has delivered over 5GW of renewable energy and secured over $3,50bn in project financing.
- Sizing the Power Converter System (PCS) & battery system;
- Providing technical expertise on battery/ BMS/PCS/EMS/BoS;
- Designing, engineering and optimising utility scale energy storage systems (both standalone systems and systems coupled with renewables);
- Guidance on design concepts around short circuit protection, conductor sizing, thermal systems, safety systems etc.
- Preliminary system design, sizing, arrangement, and electrical modelling;
- Preparing electrical equipment specifications, data sheets, and bid evaluations for storage systems, inverters, switchgears, transformers, and other equipment as required;
- Stakeholder engagement;
- Perform various calculations and analysis to ensure project efficiency;
- Grid connection analysis and preparation of technical documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Renewables (highly valued).
- 4 years of experience designing and modelling electric systems (HV & MV).
- Experience within renewables and/or energy efficiency projects.
- Advance user of: Homer Energy, PVSyst, Helioscope, PSS, DigSilent, Matlab, or similar software.
- Experience in energy storage, microgrid or diesel generators.