Who are we?
We are a global player in the field of renewable energies, which develops, designs, builds, and manages plants that generate clean energy. Moreover, we provide highly specialized energy management and downstream services to both energy producers and consumers and use our know-how to manage third-party assets from a technical and operational perspective.
- Drives timely progress on the projects on time and on budget by coordinating different work-streams with other internal departments (e.g. Project Finance, Engineering, Legal, Sales, etc.)
- Support the BDM in effectively and professionally managing relationships with our development partners, as well as with external stakeholders, including public entities (state, regional and local), legal advisors, technical advisors, consortiums, etc.
- Prepares and presents IC memos for projects / portfolios to the board for investment approval
- Evaluates viability of projects / pipeline opportunities (incl. financial modelling) including land, grid, and planning aspects including in-house origination
- Oversees and manages the negotiation of the land agreements through full understanding of commercial and bankability factors
- Participates in site visits and community consultation event to represent the company and the projects
- Attends off-site meetings with relevant stakeholders to ensure appropriate progression of the projects
- Originates project opportunities and develops a pipeline of solar PV projects in UK
- Keeps himself/herself fully informed on key market developments and industry news/events in order to quickly identify material effects (risk / cost / time) on projects/portfolios
Proven experience in the following areas:
- Greenfield Development – Deep understanding of ‘greenfield’ development process for Solar PV and/or storage/battery storage (BESS) power plants in the UK.
- Full cycle development process from project inception to shovel ready.
- Demonstrated knowledge of solar PV and battery energy storage (BESS) technology.
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant assumptions.
- Negotiation of land agreements.
- Understanding of grid offers and technical elements of projects.
- Understanding of planning constraints and risk.
- Liaison with local authorities, landowners, grid operators, consultants, stakeholders, etc.
- Experience with financial modelling (esp. non-recourse financing).
- Good understanding of elements that have a material effect on project value incl. but not limited to the UK power market, PPAs, DEVEX, CAPEX, OPEX, IRR, etc.
- Corporate Environment – Fully accustomed to work in an international corporate environment, strictly following internal processes, respecting compliance policies, etc.
Skills & Competencies
- Identification and prioritisation of high value / material items and risks / benefits
- Excellent management of multiple time sensitive activities for numerous projects
- Understanding and effective execution of development activities and process
- Takes ownership and ‘gets things done’ independently
- Always delivers high-quality work, always on time
- Communicates clearly, effectively, to-the-point. Understands executive communication
- Superior coordination and facilitation capabilities, both with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- True team-player, understands the power of team collaboration
- Used to work under pressure & meeting tight deadlines
Education & Training
- Full professional proficiency or native English