Why work with us?
We are breaking the boundaries and pushing our commitment in the EVTOL world by Changing the way the world travels. Our mission is powered by pioneers and progress is our prerogative.
Here at Vertical, we are developing the UK's first fully electric, vertical take-off and landing aircraft (eVTOL), the VX4. With zero-operating emissions. Vertical is transforming the way people travel through offering a faster, safer and greener way to move.
Founded in 2016, Vertical is a leading aerospace and technology company, with the largest global pre-order book with prestigious airline partners such as Virgin Atlantic and American Airlines, and our exceptional partner ecosystem includes the likes of Rolls-Royce and Honeywell.My Impact as the Electronics Test Engineer (BMS)
You will possess the ability to rapidly adapt to a fast changing organisation and you will enjoy working with a world class team comprised of leading aerospace and technology thinkers as well as some of the finest engineering talent. Of course, you will possess or be able to rapidly adopt a passion for sustainable aviation and it's benefits for both society and sustainability.What success will look like for the Electronics Test Engineer (BMS)
One of your responsibilities will be to developing with HW engineers the Verification plans for BMS, HW and electrical Sub systems.
You will work together with HW design engineers to ensure Development verification Plans covers entire scope. Specification, design and Development of Test rigs
Involved in testing activities, including and not limited to: Test setup, Test Methods, Test Reports, Request necessary equipment and instruments. Hardware and Electrical investigation tests
Support activities to build and maintains the electronic lab and coordinate external development suppliers/contractors.
Integration and validation into the aircraft, supporting colleagues as needed and perform design review with the Hardware engineers. Identification and tracking the specific assignments, deliverables, and provide an assessment on the progress and outcome of the work on a day-to-day basisEverything sounds very interesting but how do I know this is the role for me?
We are looking for people that will have the following qualifications and experiences:
What can you expect from us?
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical/Electronics) or Computer Engineering
- Experience in Electronics and electrical system testing
- Fluent English language skills are essential
- Desirable experience on Battery Management system or Battery systems in general
- Desirable experience on HV systems, Motor drives or Power supplies
- Desirable experience with Test rigs and test automation development (NI, Matlab, HIL rigs)
For us it is important that people feel valued for the impact they have and are able to thrive and experience the career journey of a lifetime. Our overall approach to reward seeks to offer competitive packages that attract the diverse and talented people we need to achieve our ambitious objectivesOur Vertical Additional Benefits
Our Ways of Working
- 'Primary Benefits' are available as standard, 5% Pension Match, 2 x Salary Life Insurance, Income Protection, 26 days + bank holiday and the opportunity for extra 5 days when getting married or forming a civil partnership
- 'Flex Fund Benefits' are benefits that don't come as standard, but you can 'pay' for using a company provided 'Flex Fund' (equal to 4% of salary) Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, EV Car Subscription, Home EV Charger, Holiday Buy, Pension Top Up, and many more
- 'Payroll benefits' Workplace ISA, Commuter Loan, Interest Free Technology Loans
- 'Extra benefits' are the many benefits we offer that can be accessed through our rewards platform, incl. Discounted Shopping Scheme, Eye Care Benefits, Free Mortgage Advice, Financial and Comprehensive Wellness Benefits
- Eligibility to participate in our market leading employee long-term-incentive plan
In the UK we have two offices and a Battery facility in Bristol, an office in London and a site in Kemble with well stocked free kitchen provisions including hot drinks, fruit and breakfasts every weekday. Our typical full time working week is 37.5 hours. We recognise the world of work is rapidly evolving and that 9-5 is no longer a fitting pattern for many. We want to support all employees to deliver their roles to the best possible standard by offering an additional level of flexibility between our sites and home where suitable for your role. Typically, this is agreed with your team, ensuring there are times for collaboration on site and work from home as appropriate.Do you like the look of this opportunity but not sure if you meet all the criteria we've outlines?
Here at Vertical, we are working to create an environment of growth, diversity and opportunities for people to take on challenges and push the status quo.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure... we'd love to hear from you.
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.