Poole, GB, BH17 7ER
Type of Employment: Full-time
Career Level: Entry Level / Early Professional
Date posted: 18-Jan-2023
Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of quality management?. Ready to take the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, join our Intern Development Programme at Yunex and see for yourself how it differs from any other
Digitalizing mobility is our passion. It makes road networks and fleets safer and smarter, benefiting people as well as the environment. The course for future-oriented urban landscapes is being set today. We are committed to being an innovation driver and solution partner for city and highway administrations as well as mobility operators—wherever they are in the world. Together, we can reduce accidents, congestion, and CO2 emissions generated from cities.
This vacancy is for an Engineering Intern working in our Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (EVI) development team at our development and manufacturing site in Poole, Dorset.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from this internship:
- Configuration and testing of Electric-Vehicle (EV) chargers with new software releases,
- Reviewing and writing test reports
- Chasing software bug fixes and regression testing those fixes.
- Upgrading EV charger hardware and writing hardware upgrade method statements
- Designing, building and testing specialised test equipment for EV chargers.
- Attending and contributing to design and review meetings.
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates, progressing towards a degree in electrical/electronic engineering who can demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Can read and interpret design specifications.
- Can design and construct electronic circuits on prototype boards
- Have experience of PCB design and layout using CAD tools
- Have some experience of testing and fault-finding electronic circuits circuits
- Can read circuit diagrams
- Understand the basic use of transistors, FET’s, and op-amps in simple circuits
- Can use an oscilloscope and other diagnostic lab tools such as multimeters.
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Yunex recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.