The Offshore Wind Project Engineer will assist the Construction Services team, who are responsible for supporting Moray West with a wide array of construction support services. This includes delivery of the project marine base at Buckie Harbour and marshalling harbours in the Cromarty Firth for WTG and OSP foundations.
In addition to supporting Moray West, the role also will involve actively supporting the pipeline of OW projects in the development phase including Caledonia and Shetland projects.
- Review designs, installation, construction and commissioning strategies for ports and logistics operations.
- Manage the interfaces between contractors involved in the works
- Support tendering activities, including technical reviews of proposals.
- Develop OW project vessel and logistics strategies and make recommendations for vessel selection of CTVs, JUVs, PSVs and SOVs.
- Organise and attend different meetings, workshops etc coordinating the different parties involved in key construction services interfaces. Support the Package Manager as requested for those meetings, including minute taking and presenting.
- Provide the different package managers with the relevant information needed for development/construction works through the various construction services scopes.
- Assess the risk of the different deliverables and include it in the Risk Register
- Upload and maintain relevant reports and technical information in the project documentation management systems.
- Develop logistics & construction plans for the development phase, including marine operations, installation procedures, offshore logistics and ports & harbour.
- ·Develop and Manage construction and/or investigation activities that may take place during the development phase if required by the relevant project.
- Provide technical input and recommendations on procurement strategy to identify, tender and select equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for our projects.
- Assist & support with review of technical design development in the lead up to construction and in support of achieving all required consents and approvals.
- Technical / commercial review of term sheets and contracts, including agreements for wind turbines, foundations, submarine cables, electrical substations and construction vessels, EPC and O&M agreements.
- Review and analysis of construction plans, costs and EPC / O&M prices.
- Work with development team undertaking the environmental impact assessments and consenting requirements and achieve offshore wind industry best practice.
- Work with the Supply Chain lead to identify and assess opportunities to support the development of the local supply chain, covering marine operations, installation procedures, offshore logistics and ports & harbour.
- Identification, development and management of support services that may be required during the lead up to construction.
- Assist with input of construction related assumptions in the financial modelling of the offshore wind projects where required.
Engineering, Renewables or Science Degree is desirable but other subject areas will be considered.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
2 years in wind energy, renewables and/or ports and harbour engineering; Knowledge in offshore wind farm design and/or harbour design and operations will be considered a plus
- Knowledge on structural design processes and in offshore installation
- An understanding of the interfaces and interdependencies between the project's work packages is required.
- Knowledge and user experience in Autocad is desirable
- An understanding of the different stakeholders involved in the development and construction of an offshore wind farm is required.
- Proficiency level in Excel
- Ability to gather ideas and formulate a concise plan
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an international organisation
- Ability to interact with suppliers, meet deadlines, work within approved budgets and can demonstrate strong optimisation skills
- Ability to travel independently.
- Fluent English both verbal and written
Location in Edinburgh, but travelling to supplier's facilities and offices, local construction ports and construction sites will be required.
Clean driving licence.