We’re on a mission to make the switch to sustainable transport and energy faster, easier and more affordable. We use our own technology stack, data smarts and industry knowledge to build a game-changing capability. Our intelligent energy platform helps our customers access renewable energy, understand consumer behaviour, and powers smart charging for EVs.
The worlds of energy and transport are colliding and Ohme is at the heart of this. By using technology and data integrations to connect cars, chargers, people, energy providers and more, Ohme has a powerful platform that puts the consumer at the core.
Ohme has been selling its chargers to consumers since 2019 and is on an exponential growth trajectory. We are now operating in multiple countries and have partnerships with the likes of Octopus Energy, Volkswagen UK, Smart Home Charge and other innovative brands.
We are scaling up the business and are building out the team for rapid growth. If you’re interested in joining a fast-growing cleantech venture on a journey to speed up the global transition to clean energy, read on!
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer
to join our team.Requirements
What skills and experience you should have to fit this role:
- Experience of C software development in an embedded environment to develop low level software on microcontrollers using an IDE
- An understanding of Digital Electronics and how to interface hardware with firmware
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of the software development lifecycle from concept, to production, and into maintenance
- Good university degree (or equivalent), ideally in computer science or electronic engineering, although other graduates would be considered if you have relevant experience.
What You Will Do...
- Experience of C++ in an embedded environment
- Experience of analogue to digital signal sampling and processing techniques
- Experience of building test harness applications using Python
- Familiar with writing manual and automated test cases
- Familiar with Agile principles and best practices such as peer review, pair programming etc
Who you are:
- Design, Code and Test firmware for embedded systems
- Contribute to the improvement of the structure and design of the codebase for future scalability.
- Maintain released products.
- Provide third-level support. Debug and identify root-causes with a variety of hardware and firmware issues.
- Build and maintain an automated testing harness for embedded system devices.
- Create and execute manual and automated test cases using Ohme’s test case management system
- Live our values: Move fast, be brave, push the bar, take ownership and be transparent. Be a team player with creative opinions, focused on driving solutions. Always look forward and learn from mistakes.
- Self-starter: Try your best to always act in the customer’s best interest and solve their problems. Be
open to trying different ideas and feedback from colleagues.
- Outgoing and personable: Enjoy speaking to people and starting conversations. Be able to be authentic and genuine to really listen and be empathetic towards the customer.
- Speak plain English: Communicate technical information in a simple manner that everyone understands.
You’ll get to work in a fast-paced and rapidly growing scale-up with global ambitions that is cutting edge, passionate about sustainability and seeks to make the world a better place. You have the opportunity to craft a talent strategy and build a talent function.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Hybrid office (Office-based with the option to work 1 or 2 days remotely)
- Beautiful central London office
- Private Health Insurance
- Aegon Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme with death in service benefit of 4x salary
- Income Protection Scheme for long term illness
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Payroll Giving Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan to spread cost of travel over 12 months
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are at the heart of what we do and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We actively seek out a diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed and to feel included.