GRIDSERVE® is an international sustainable energy business headquartered in the UK. We develop, construct, own, and operate premium solutions for critical energy applications. GRIDSERVE® is breaking boundaries to achieve its ambitions to deliver sustainable energy and move the needle on climate change.
GRIDSERVE® has built the most technically advanced hybrid solar projects in the UK and continues to manage solar + battery assets to deliver UK-generated renewable energy solutions to councils, businesses, EV drivers, and beyond. GRIDSERVE® is making electric vehicle charging as convenient as petrol refueling, with a national network of ultra-fast, dependable Electric Forecourts® and Electric Hubs on the GRIDSERVE® Electric Highway. GRIDSERVE® Car Leasing is providing affordable leasing options for EVs so that now drivers have reliable EV charging, they can confidently make the switch to electric with competitive monthly rates - plus 100 trees planted for every car leased. These are just some of the ways we are looking to provide sustainable solutions.
GRIDSERVE® Technologies designs develop and implements hardware and software products and services for GRIDSERVE Electric Forecourts and Hubs, Power Anywhere Solutions, and EV Battery Data Analytics.
Due to the expansion of the business, we require a hard-working, and determined individual to be part of our software team and contribute to the development of our battery and power data reporting platforms. The role involves working within a team of firmware and software engineers, and data scientists, developing a range of data reports in line with our product roadmap and customer requests.
- Developing and testing code to support existing products and develop new ones
- Designing and implementing database tables, schemas, and structures
- Organising and storing data collected from various sources including; Vehicles, EV charging stations, Weather, Maps, power systems, batteries
- Designing, developing, and testing software for UI and reporting
- Supporting Data Analysts to deliver near real-time reports and visualisations that offer insights into battery, system, vehicle, and driver performance
- Supporting the invention of new features, architecture, and services
- Working with firmware, software, and hardware teams to efficiently meet new and evolving customer feature requests
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes including anti-bribery policy and Environmental and Quality Management System (compliant with ISO 9001 and 14001)
Skills/ Experience Required:
- The candidate should have a degree or equivalent in Software Engineering or Computing.
- Combination of practical skills such as coding and mathematics with the ability to analyse statistics.
- The candidate should consider themselves skilled in Python, Java EE, MySQL
- The candidate should ideally have knowledge of some or all of: Eclipse, SVN/GIT, JIRA, AWS, AZURE, Linux, Apache, Tomcat, Docker, PowerBI, Machine Learning, Data Analysis
- Self-driven, focused, results and quality oriented
- Team player, innovative with sound judgment and solutions driven
- Able to approach work with positive energy and integrity
- The ability to foster self-motivation to achieve tight deadlines
- Effective communication both verbally and in written form
- Computer literate. Must be a proficient user of Microsoft suite of packages including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, where needed.
Company Culture & Values:
GRIDSERVE® prides itself in providing a workplace that is friendly, and encourages creativity and independence, empowering each team member to work at their best. We are passionate with an entrepreneurial spirit, and hard-working but always find time to ‘let our hair down’. Our Iver office is set in a private estate with lavish open grounds providing a great environment to work in.
- We aim to work with Awesome people who align with our values to achieve greater results.