Our goal is to make clean power accessible, to accelerate the shift to zero carbon power and transport.
We’re transforming grids to enable the take up of more renewables, electrifying fleets for cleaner air, repurposing electric vehicle batteries for clean portable power and using proprietary software and data analysis to optimise operational performance for our customers.
We have 425 MW of operational and under construction grid scale battery capacity and over 30% of the UK’s EV buses, and are expanding our operations in Australia, New Zealand, US and Europe. We’re a rapidly growing company looking for talented people to join us.
As part of the continuous scale up of the business, we are looking for an experienced Electrical or Civils Engineer who is able to bring a good understanding of electrical engineering design, energy storage technology, construction, and commissioning with proven experience working on energy projects throughout the end to end lifecycle. The role provides a fantastic opportunity to be directly involved in the development and delivery of some of the most exciting energy storage projects in the UK, with a high level of responsibility assigned to the candidate from day one. The role integrates with internal team members in procurement, project management, engineering, business development and construction and is also expected to deal directly with contractors and external stakeholders such as National Grid and technical consultants.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Overall responsibility to support engineering activities to ensure project design and specs meet the lifetime service requirements.
- Day to day point of contact with allocated contractors and consultants.
- Ensure that procedures and protocols between Zenobe and the allocated contractors are established in a timely manner.
- Provide client representation during engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning phases.
- Coordination of 3rd party engineering support on the project including technical advisors and consultants.
- Monitoring and reporting of progress on the project.
- Ensuring that key design documentation has the appropriate level of input from Engineering, Construction, Commissioning,and HSEQ.
- General administration including, but not limited to, co-ordination of meetings and tracking of actions.
- Project communications including status updates on key milestones which may be provided to board level.
- Supporting origination and working on the development of transmission and distribution level large scale energy storage projects in the UK and internationally
- Lead key design decisions of the plant such as a rating of equipment, technical specifications and general design (SLD, layout, etc.) of large scale energy storage projects
- Review, and challenge where appropriate, contractor design and engineering deliverables.
- Support the business development team with technical or technical-economic analysis for tenders
- Support and work alongside the project manager during the basic and detailed design phases, construction and commissioning.
- Ensure technical queries are correctly assessed and responded to.
- Perform engineering tasks and implement engineering best practices
- Working with suppliers and Procurement, carry out ongoing research and stay up to date with the latest applications for technologies associated with large scale battery and long duration storage projects
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We realise that certain groups of people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. To be absolutely clear: if you like the look of this job and think you could do it well, we encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience. Above all, Zenobē is looking for collaborative, flexible, empathetic people who are interested in creating and promoting practical routes to a zero carbon world.
- Proven experience working on energy storage or renewable energy projects.
- Experience working with DNO’s and / or National Grid and understanding the connection requirements in relation to distribution and grid code.
- Experience managing contractors and consultants.
- Experience managing design pack
- Understanding of design requirements for low to high-voltage electrical equipment in the context of an energy storage installation (interference between equipment, blast and fire safety, general access and egress for installation and ongoing O&M, etc.)
- Fluent in Microsoft office applications including powerpoint, excel, word and project.
- Outstanding excel skills
- Knowledge of CAD including production of 2D engineering drawings
- High quality education (bachelor’s or master’s degree) in engineering, preferably electrical engineering or similar. The candidate will have ideally achieved or working toward chartered engineer status.
A genuine passion in clean energy and our social and environmental mission
Solid work experience (minimum 3-5 years) in project management, project engineering or engineering in the energy sector (B2B) preferably in energy storage or renewables sectors
Strong commercial skills – comfortable with Capex and Opex calculations
Excellent communication skills, capable of presenting technical results and implications
Strong organisation skills, team player and good attention to detail
Knowledge of the UK energy landscape
Strong leadership skills with growth mindset
Results oriented who is not afraid to take responsibility and accountability
Ability to manage and motivate people
Desire to work in a fast moving, high pressure and entrepreneurial environment
- Previous working experience with BESS systems greater than 20MW
- Experience with relevant design calculations and studies, e.g. undertaking power flow, fault level, and G99 studies
- Ability to work in the HQ in London
- Experience working for a client organisation or EPC contractor
- Experience working on transmission connected assets / projects at voltage levels of 132kV and above.
WORKING AT ZENOBE
We’re passionate about sustainability and are proud to offer Team Zenobē a pioneering and collaborative working environment. We encourage our people to take ownership of their career progression and celebrate those that can think outside the box.
If you’d like to join our community of likeminded people hit the apply button now, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT WE OFFER
Charge your career at Zenobē and receive
- Up to 20% annual bonus for being awesome
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, for you and the family
- £1500 training budget per year, to ensure you grow as we do
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Pension scheme, up to 8% matched contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cash back health plan
- Plus more
Lots of our people work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexitime and hybrid working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but please talk to us about the flexibility you need and let’s see how we can make it work.
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our people are our strongest asset and the key determinant of our success, and we value a range of skillsets and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We work to provide equal opportunities and an inclusive work environment, where everyone is fairly treated in the application process and through their career at Zenobē. If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Zenobē, please let us know when you apply.