We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Scientist
, with at least 3 years insurance experience to join us. You must have experience in the insurance market as we’re looking for someone with a good understanding of regulations, Solvency II and pricing reform and have experience in building and deploying predictive analytical models using machine learning/artificial intelligence techniques, ideally for motor / home insurance risk cost models or similar.
We are Direct Line Group – home to some of the country's best-known brands including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Greenflag, Darwin and NIG. Our vision is to create a world where insurance is personal, inclusive, and a force for good, and our purpose is to help people carry on with their lives- giving them peace of mind now and in the future.
To help us deliver on this vision and purpose, we're transforming our systems, products, and services, and constantly innovating for the future - in the evolution to be a forward-thinking technology and data company. Servicing millions of customers each year, ensuring we’re offering a fantastic service at a competitive price is crucial to the success of DLG. To do this we need advanced live pricing models so that we’re using the most up-to-date techniques and constantly innovating how we price our customers across all our brands and products.The role
This Data Scientist role sits within our large Pricing & Underwriting function with people from across the country. Working within an Agile model, the team meets as chapters, tribes, and squads, which is a great opportunity to work with people across the business and grow your knowledge and experience with other products.What You’ll Do
What We’re Looking For (MUST HAVES)
- Build market leading risk cost or retail models (and other models) for personal lines Pricing teams
- Manage the end-to-end modelling cycle: data quality and control, model build, review and deployment
- Lead improvement through embedding data science techniques into modelling
- R&D new advanced model structures to develop next generation pricing models
- Work with the wider P&U chapter and technology teams to deploy the models into production
- Enrich the data using internal and external data sources
- Experience in the insurance market as we’re looking for someone with a good understanding of regulations, Solvency II and pricing reform
- Experience in building and deploying predictive analytical models using machine learning/artificial intelligence techniques, ideally for motor / home insurance risk cost models or similar
- Experience of leading projects in collaboration with other teams
- An understanding of business problems with non-technical stakeholders and proven experience with translating them into Data Science solutions
- Proficient in using Python in a working environment is a must. Experience in SPARK, Ray, and familiarity with Git for version control, is desired.
We have a hybrid model with a virtual-first approach which means you would primarily work from home. As long as you live a commutable distance from one of our offices in Leeds or Bromley (moving to London Bridge in the Summer) and understand you might need to travel into an office 3-5 times a quarter, that's great. We'll support you as best as we can!Benefits
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- Up to 10% Annual Performance Bonus
- 9% employer contributed pension
- Generous holidays, starting at 25 days – with the ability to buy or sell up to 5 days each year
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.