We are working with Europe's largest renewable energy producer, as well as a global operator in the energy market. Their work is focused on advancing renewable energy, including solar, wind, grid services technology, hydrogen development, and energy trading.
We are seeking a skilled Energy Storage Engineer to join the company's Technical Management team. This exciting new role involves supporting our growing energy storage team and wider Engineering teams on a range of innovative projects across different regions.
As the Energy Storage Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to provide energy storage expertise for both standalone and hybrid storage-renewable energy projects at various project development stages. The hybrid energy storage projects may include co-location with solar PV, wind, and hydro. The role will also involve providing central engineering activities to support regional project delivery more generally.
While the majority of the projects are located in the UK and Ireland, the successful candidate may also have the opportunity to support projects across mainland Europe and Latin America.
As the Energy Storage Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Energy storage system sizing and system engineering design
- Creating engineering drawings, including layouts and schematics
- Assuming the role of Project Engineer for BESS element of projects when required
- Providing technical support to deliver installations in conjunction with the Project Management and on-site Field Engineering Teams
- Providing support to Field Engineering teams as required
- Conducting technical due diligence, including engineering, social, financial, and safety-related matters
- Working directly with modelling teams to facilitate the modelling simulations of energy storage and system optimisations
- Inputting into the development and improvement of modelling tools related to energy storage and hybrid energy storage projects
- Evaluating different energy storage technologies and configurations based on technical and financial parameters
- Inputting into energy storage testing methods and performance evaluation mechanisms
- Participating in energy storage commissioning and testing activities, including support during testing, test outcome validation, and reporting of test results against contractual requirements
- Creating energy storage guidelines for the standardisation of design approaches across the company
- Ensuring safety aspects are understood by project participants and appropriate measures are put in place with specification, design, commissioning, and ongoing system operation.
- Electrical Engineering or related degree
- experience in energy storage, renewables, or power industry
- Must have knowledge of electrical systems design, Autocad, utility-scale battery chemistries, energy storage balance of plant technology, use-cases, safety, best-practices, and utility-scale energy storage system architectures.
- Familiarity with IEC standards and project delivery.
- Excellent team, interpersonal, customer-facing skills, attention to detail, analytical skills, good organization, and self-driven, results and quality oriented.
- Strong H&S awareness and adherence to the company H&S policy is required.
Does this sound interesting to you? Please apply below or alternatively email me via: Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me +44 02039 525 376 for a confidential chat.