Have you got engineering experience in the manufacturing industry? This role is based in Oxfordshire for a Food Manufacturing company and could be a great opportunity for you.
This Maintenance Technician role will involve ensuring a timely reactive response to support technical issues across the site and to ensure maximum equipment availability. Contributing to site improvement activities through root cause analysis. All of which will be completed with the highest levels of H&S and food quality in mind.
The ideal candidate will:
- Qualified up to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in electrical engineering.
- Successfully completed a time severed apprenticeship in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Previous experience of working in a maintenance department - preferably within a food manufacturing/processing environment.
- Possess demonstrable multi-skilled engineering experience with a heavy bias towards electrical engineering.
- Knowledge of PLCs and SCADA - (Preferably Siemens).
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings and fault-find.
- Good understanding of work permits and lock off procedures.
- Operational HSE knowledge of health and safety legislation including best practices of COSHH, working at heights, working in confined spaces, risk assessments.
- A true team player and the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of maintenance software and MS Office packages including Excel.
- (BS7671) 18th Edition Certificate is desirable.
- BS2931 Inspection and Testing – desirable.
- HNC – desirable.
The hours for this role are rotating weekly between 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm. Monday-Friday only. Overtime may be available on occasion. No nights.
The salary for this role is £45,300 and 26 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Please get in touch for more details!