SCCS are Leica Geosystems main UK dealer and part of the Hexagon group. We are a progressive company supplying survey solutions to civil engineering, construction and land surveying industries. We specialise in bringing innovative technology to market including the most advanced GNSS, mobile mapping, 3D laser scanners, UAV’S and total station solutions available to geospatial professionals.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Trainee role to repair, service and calibrate a range of electronic surveying equipment and to provide technical assistance to SCCS customers and staff.
- Ongoing training to service, repair and calibrate a variety of surveying equipment to manufacturers specifications.
- Observing and learning from experienced staff members
- Gaining knowledge of company policies, protocols, and processes
- Carry out fault diagnosis to module or component level as required.
- Interaction with logistics and repairs teams to facilitate timely processing of instruments.
- To ensure that the average turn-around time is in line with company objectives.
- Ensure ESD procedures are adhered to.
- Stock control of spare parts.
- Strong communication (verbal and written).
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively and constructively in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of urgency, responsibility and accountability.
- Developed and practiced problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Confidentiality and personal integrity are key characteristics.
- Previous experience preferred but not essential.
- A level 3 in electronic/electrical engineering would be advantageous