Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We're the world's largest independent renewable energy company. We're guided by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our goals would be impossible without our people. Because we're solving some of the world's toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They're our most important asset so that's why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they're at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes an impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell days, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.Job Purpose
We are proud of our reputation as leaders in renewable energy and for demonstrating that a zero-carbon future is possible, affordable, and desirable. RES is developing a suite of world class digital tools to support its operation of wind farms, solar farms and battery energy storage systems. As a member the UNO Storage team you will alongside the UNO Storage Product Manager and other Software Developers to deliver industry-leading tools for managing battery energy storage systems. This will provide a wide variety of technical challenges and the opportunity to build a broad set of internal relationships across RES's global operations.Responsibilities
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will:
- Work together with the UNO Storage Product Manager and subject matter experts to develop new software products.
- Support the choice of the right technology, architecture, and infrastructure for each product in consultation with other software developers, software architects and the Product Manager
- Apply software engineering best practices to produce high-quality code.
- Maintain high operational performance and application availability.
- Where required assist Product Managers with user story definition and planning.
- Demonstrate new features to users at demos.
- Follow and contribute to team working agreement.
- Contribute to the strategic technical direction of the product.
- Support continuous improvement of team tools and practices.
- Assist the support team with quick resolution of issues.
- Agile software development
- Full stack software development
- Cloud and API native software development
- Front-end development using React
- Microsoft Azure App Services
- .NET / C#
- FastAPI & Flask
- Understand users' success criteria and design software to achieve their required outcomes
- Integrate with and collaborate with an existing international team
- Agile methodology
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Test-driven development
- Self-documenting, maintainable code
- Code peer review (pull requests and/or pair programming)
- Data-driven decision-making
- Web APIs
- Cloud native software development
- Degree in Computer Science, Science, Engineering, or relevant experience working as a software developer
At RES we celebrate difference as we know it makes our company a great place to work. Encouraging applicants with different backgrounds, ideas and points of view, we create teams who work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.