Graduate Data Analyst - Leakage
: Based at Green Lane, Walsall or
Fulbourn Road, Cambridge
Water is vital and part of our daily lives; at South Staffs Water it is important to us to protect this essential resource, as well as this being a really important issue for our customers. Our Leakage Department are an experienced team contributing daily towards reducing water leakage.
The purpose of this role is to provide data analysis support within the leakage Strategy Team. As a Leakage Analyst you will be supporting and improving the day to day reporting and analysis of all leakage data, enabling us to better utilise our resources to reduce leakage. Carrying out analysis and interpreting new and existing datasets, identifying how they are used within the business processes and providing clear feedback to stakeholders on your findings.
The data you provide will enable the company to target leakage reduction efficiently, support in leakage reporting to Ofwat and help us to meet our goal of reducing leakage by 50% by 2050.Key Responsibilities
- Analyse data to facilitate reports, trends and prioritise Leakage activities
- Use data to work with operational teams to ensure works are undertaken efficiently
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets relating to leakage, drawing valid inferences and presenting them to management
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of data processes.
- Produce and track key performance indicators.
- Assist in improvement, development and maintenance of existing analytical techniques to improve understanding of the data.
- Help convert data into meaningful information for business use.
- Data Analyst will be responsible for the data collection, collation, validation, analysis and reporting needs of the Function
- Assist with the development, update and maintenance of systems and databases.
- Bachelors or masters degree in a STEM related subject
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Ability to investigate data, find trends, analysis performance and provide insightful recommendations.
- Clear, logical analytical approach to problem-solving
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- An analytical mind and approach to work is the key to this role as well as the ability to manage a varied workload at one time.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications in particular Word, Excel, Access
As an employee of South Staffs Water you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- Previous use of statistical packages would be advantageous
- 25 days holidays (with benefit of additional holiday purchase of up to 5 days) plus 8 bank holidays
- Childcare vouchers
- Hundreds of high street discounts