It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join us in creating a better future for our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity, and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.How To Contribute To Our Vision
Do you want to be part of an industry that is striving to protect our planet from further damage?
Are you one who looks for solutions and regards a problem as an opportunity?
The Offshore Heavy Lift team is a specialized team within SGRE Service (Global Operations) who work exclusively on the main component exchanges of offshore wind turbines. The team works principally on offshore installation vessels in British, German, Danish and Dutch waters and this work area will also expand throughout other northern European waters in the coming years. The components exchanged require large craning capacity and these are principally wind turbine gearboxes, main bearing sets, generators, blades, blade bearings, transformers, and nacelles on various turbine types.
Our Advanced Apprenticeship is a level 3 Mechatronics Maintenance Technician qualification which we believe is best in class. Study time is between 36 and 48 months. For the first 16 months you will work towards a Level 2 Foundation Knowledge Certificate and a Level 3 Technical Knowledge Certificate at college, during this period you will be required to live away from home as all college attendance will be in Hull.
Following college study you will complete additional technical training at our specially developed training center in Hull and you will then move to site to begin year 3 of your apprenticeship.
When at site you will work to secure evidence towards another Level 3 Developing Competence Certificate. In addition, you will be required to progress through a Siemens Gamesa bespoke competency programme.
Finally, you will complete an End Point Assessment where you will demonstrate your experiences and competence. Success here will secure all of the certificates your hard work deserves and provide you with the opportunity to secure membership of a professional institution.Some of your key tasks will include but not be limited to:
What You Need To Make a Difference
- Maintenance of hydraulic, mechanical, electrical and control systems
- Troubleshooting and fault diagnosis of hydraulic, mechanical, electrical and control systems
- Component replacement
- Assisting with completion of documentation relating to above and also health and safety documentation
A passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for:
How The Recruitment Process Works
- Due to the location of the role and the role requirements, the successful candidate must be willing to travel across Europe. Therefore, a valid driving license and Passport are essential
- Applicants must possess at least three General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)'s at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including:-
- English Language
- Science or Engineering Or, in the case of those currently studying for their GSCEs, have corresponding predicted grades (NB: failure to achieve predicted grades would result in any offer of employment being withdrawn)
- A Level 2 (or equivalent) Information Communication Technology (ICT) qualification is desirable
- Have a good head for heights
- Be a strong swimmer and prepared to work in a challenging Offshore/Onshore environments
- Be confident enough to live and work away from home and to be prepared to live alongside your fellow apprentices in the shared accommodation provided by the business
- Pass a pre-employment medical and fitness test before a formal offer of employment is confirmed
- Have enthusiasm in abundance as well as long-term commitment to the apprenticeship and to the business
- Possess a keen interest in engineering and technology
- Have sound manual skills and an interest or ability to work with electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Understand money management
- Have a natural ability to apply care and attention to detail and be able to adhere to health and safety requirements
- Show respect for others
- A self-motivated individual with ability to cope with the pressures of time
- Experience working with MS Office applications and Fluix is an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills and flexible approach
Once the job advert closes we will review all applications and if we think that you’re the right fit for the role, you will be shortlisted and you will then be invited to join us at our Recruitment Assessment Centre. Finally, if you are successful here you will be offered a four year fixed term contract of employment subject to you successfully passing:-
In return of your commitment, we offer you..
- A practical working at heights test
- A medical and fitness test
- You will also need to provide the correct Right to Work documentation and relevant exam certification
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Competitive Pension Scheme
Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more.Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
We believe diversity creates more opportunity for success. That is why we recruit great minds from all walks of life: it doesn’t matter the gender, age, ethnic background, sexual orientation or disability. Our main aim is to find people from around the globe who can contribute to world-changing technology.#Entry
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.