An exciting opportunity for a Wind Turbine Technician who is electrically biased to join a successful wind industry service provider. The opportunity to take on a leading role and to assist in the further growth of the business and development of the team. We need an electrician with industrial - 3 phase experience. Must be able to read electrical drawings and understand control systems.
We work across the UK, servicing, repairing, building/commissioning wind turbines ranging from 225Kw to 1.3Mw. A normal working week will be based at in Scotland, so a desire to work away from home for up to 4 nights is essential.
- Actively take part in trouble shooting, fault finding and scheduled maintenance.
- Perform analysis and create reports.
- Produce all necessary paper and computerised reports for management on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Scheduled service in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines
- Maintaining the highest levels of safety to comply with all health and safety requirements including the WTSR.
- Fault-finding, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair on all turbine systems, which will include mechanical, electrical and hydraulic assemblies and major components.
- Responsible for tool maintenance and management.
- Remote diagnosis of turbine faults.
- Daily & weekly PPE checks.
- Site housekeeping.
- Comply with customer site rules.
- Partake in rota for on call cover on weekends and bank holidays.
- Assist in all areas of site operations.
- Significant experience on wind turbines in a technician capacity. 2 - 5 years.
- Knowledge of Multi Brand Turbines.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to read and understand electrical drawings.
- Fault diagnostic and repair experience.
- Ability to demonstrate significant knowledge and understanding of a wind turbine.
- Complying with all manuals, work instructions, processes and procedures in the workplace at the Wind Farm
- Able to work at heights and small / limited space, possibly in changing weather conditions at remote locations
- Strong sense of organization and planning.
- Good leadership experience.
- Be comfortable to travel away from home.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Candidates must hold valid GWO Working at Heights, First Aid, Manual Handling and Fire Awareness.
- Working at Heights Medical.
- Electrical Engineer background. (NVQ Level 3 / Qualified Electrical Engineer)
- Mechanical skills. (Preferable)
- Further training will be supplied.
- Full UK driving license.
- Laptop will be supplied.
From £41,000.00 per year.
Overnight Night Allowance.
Accommodation will be arranged when you are away on sites.
About Johnston Fuels
Johnston Fuels has been on the road since 1965, distributing heating oil, commercial fuels, lubricants and LPG to homes and businesses throughout Scotland. Additionally, we have also kept you on the road with our vehicle maintenance division and selection of fuel cards, while ensuring that homes across Scotland are kept warm with our heating services team and range of biofuel products. In our business you can’t be a fair weather supplier. Over 18,000 homes depend on us to keep warm and it’s when conditions are at their worst that we’re most needed. Come wind, rain or snow, our people pull out all the stops to deliver.