Bramble Energy is an innovator of renewable energy technologies; designing and manufacturing high-performance, low-cost, fuel cell stacks using printed circuit board (PCB) materials and processes.
Bramble Energy is a well-funded start-up on a fast-track to becoming a global leader in fuel cell manufacture, deploying its proprietary core technology. Our impact on net zero emissions shall come in the form of sustainable solutions to static and moving power
Bramble welcomes diversity, ingenuity and enthusiasm and rewards it staff with a dynamic working environment and significant financial benefits. Bramble has transformed itself in its first year, and seeks to continue it's growth to meet business needs.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing software team and lead the development our platform for collecting and visualising fuel cell performance data. You will be responsible for configuring and managing the backend database and data aggregation from remote systems. You will facilitate data analysis through front end visualisation tools and adapt the platform for changing use cases and scale.
- Backend management of timeseries databases and remote system telemetry reception.
- Configuration and maintenance of data visualisation tools for both internal and customer use.
- Facilitating the development of data analysis tools with data scientists and systems engineering teams.
- Administrating system servers both locally hosted and in the cloud.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing improvements to the data platform architecture to meet evolving requirements and increasing scale.
- Ensuring reliable and secure operation of data services.
- Working with stakeholders across the organisation to enable insights to be extracted from real world data.
- Seeking improvements to data management and anticipating future business needs.
- Mange own workload and utilise Agile/Scrum for task prioritisation and planning.
- Adept problem solver, able to take the initiative and propose new solutions.
- A first-class degree or upper 2nd in a related engineering subject with 5+ years in industry.
- Experience working with databases for time series data storage.
- Configuration and management of front end dashboards.
- Proficient with script development in Python.
- Containerisation of services using Docker.
- Administrating services running on Linux servers including AWS.
- Knowledge of IoT communications including MQTT, HTTPS and SSL.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary, scaling with experience
- Strong pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice electric car scheme
- Life Assurance of four times your annual salary
- Income protection
- Private medical Insurance
- Private dental cover
- Health cash plan
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with length of service
- Two days paid leave to volunteer per annum
- Discounted gym membership
- Discount platform
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subscription to Headspace
- Employee of the month bonus scheme
- Flexible working