Zapsa is a catalyst for change, by delivering the talent for the world we want to see. Powered by data and a lifetime of experiences. Our core areas include Renewables, ESG, IT, Digital, Cleantech, Sustainability and Private Equity. Zapsa is actively looking for a Project Engineer (Solar PV & Energy Storage) located in London.
Our Client is one of the UK’s leading solar and battery developers. Delivering highly innovative renewable energy developments across the UK.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer with experience in Solar PV & Energy Storage to support the development and construction of utility-scale storage projects in the UK. The individual will be required to assist both the grid and development teams in taking a potential storage project from origination through to a ready-to-build asset, and then manage the construction and onboarding of the new asset into the asset management team.
- Providing technical expertise to the grid, development, and asset management teams
- Assisting the origination team in securing electrical connections for potential energy storage projects, alongside the grid team.
- Assisting the development team in producing accurate budgets and ensuring all assigned projects and tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Building and maintaining a BESS technical library and supporting the development team with detailed site designs and equipment criteria.
- Developing, tendering and negotiating technical contracts, including EPC and O&M contracts, alongside the Technical Director.
- Managing external consultants and internal team resources to meet development criteria and prepare the sites for handover to the construction/delivery team.
- Liaising with the EPC site manager/project manager, tracking construction progress, conducting site visits, and preparing progress reports.
- Developing, controlling and managing project schedules and ensuring all assigned projects and tasks are completed on time.
To be considered for the role:
- A strong technical knowledge of the design, development, construction, operation and maintenance of energy storage systems.
- Proven track record in managing numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to combine, legal, planning, technical, and commercial knowledge to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Experience in financial management, agreeing and managing budgets.
- Very good organization and planning skills with an ability to manage projects in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Preferred experience in Energy / Engineering / Project Management
- Currently working in the energy industry
- A passion for renewable energy, with the ability to multi-task and manage effectively and accurately in a deadline-driven, challenging environment.
What’s on Offer
Excellent Package up to £75k DOE, Pension Scheme, and private medical insurance.
If you think you have what it takes, please APPLY now or contact Dominique Wilson directly for an informal chat.