Lead Engineer – Energy Storage
Come join Alexander Dennis. We are transforming public transport globally by designing, manufacturing, and servicing the cleanest and greenest buses and coaches for our customers.
Our people are our biggest asset, making us the hugely successful company we are. We are transforming how we work, offering team members more flexibility around how they live and work.What does that mean for you?
- Generous salary package – we reward our people at the level they deserve
- A half day on a Friday. Yes, every Friday. Giving you more time at the weekend to do the things you love with the people you love
- A 37-hour working week, with flexible working options, giving you that much needed work/life balance
- Annual leave entitlement which increases with tenure
- Pension scheme to help you save for the future
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme which offers practical, impartial support on issues impacting your life
- Cycle to work scheme and discounted gym membership, your health and wellbeing is important to us.
Interested and want to find out more? Check out our YouTube channel or LinkedIn!Your dream role:
What you will bring:
- We’re looking for a Lead Engineer in Energy Storage to control specification and delivery of HV battery and Hydrogen energy storage solutions.
- This is a permanent position reporting to the Technical Principal Engineer where you will assist in planning and supervision of skills and facility requirements for engineering projects that support the business needs.
- You’ll be developing and maintaining a high level of expertise within powertrain electrification and helping to support the development of Electrical and Electronic architectures in line with the Systems Engineering Process.
- You’ll act as the key contact for arranging and co-ordinating activities with internal and external design partners or suppliers to achieve quality, cost and delivery targets for each project by working cross-functionally with other Engineering functions.
- Leading the support of New Product Introduction at UK and international build sites and manage build issues through to closure whilst working in accordance with the Engineering Product Development process and demonstrating compliance with the deliverables through design records and documentation.
- Every day will bring different types of challenges, but if you can bring clear technical input to engineering areas such as Electrical, Software and Mechanical in respect to Hybrid and EV integration requirements, then this may be the job for you!
- You will have an engineering degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- Ideally you’ll have 4+ Years’ experience in engineering with 2+ Years’ experience in high voltage energy storage systems and components in low volume general vehicle or bus applications.
- A background in system integration, testing & validation of electric powertrain components, such as, electric machines, power electronics, converters, and batteries.
- Experience in Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV) powertrains and Range-Extended Electric vehicles (REEV).
- Understanding of off-board and on-board charging technologies.
- A strong background in vehicle electrical systems and control methods.
- Knowledge of High Voltage Safety and Legislation.
- Experience of Automotive Electromagnetic Compliance.
- User and creator knowledge of DFMEA.
- Knowledge and understanding of Safety Critical Systems (ISO26262) and hazard analysis.
- Proven experience in requirements capture and management processes.
- Engineering management of deliverables – application.
- Knowledge of bus engineering an advantage.
- Knowledge of fuel cell systems an advantage.
- Knowledge of low volume truck/Off highway or vehicles.
- Experience of vehicle testing/development beneficial.
- Good communication, ability to work with suppliers.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in coming ‘aboard’, then we would love to hear from you. Alongside uploading your CV, please share a short covering letter detailing why you’re interested and why we should hire you!
- Recommend a Friend is applicable for this role.
If you are an internal applicant, you have a responsibility to inform your current line/department manager and local human resources representative before applying for the role.
We care deeply about being inclusive and we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Due to the volume of vacancies and applications, we would prefer that you submit your application online. If however, you require an alternative method of applying, please give us call on +44 1324 621 672 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org