We’re on a mission to make the switch to sustainable transport and energy faster, easier and more affordable. We use our own technology stack, data smarts and industry knowledge to build a game-changing capability. Our intelligent energy platform helps our customers access renewable energy, understand consumer behaviour, and powers smart charging for EVs.
The worlds of energy and transport are colliding and Ohme is at the heart of this new. By using technology and data integrations to connect cars, chargers, people, energy providers and more, Ohme has a powerful platform that puts the consumer at the core.
Ohme has been selling its chargers to consumers since mid 2019 and has had exponential growth since. We are now operating in multiple countries and have partnerships with the likes of Octopus Energy, VW Group UK, Volvo Belux, Smart Home Charge and other innovative brands.
We are scaling up the business and are building out the team for rapid growth. If you’re interested in joining a fast-growing cleantech venture on a journey to speed up the global transition to clean energy, read on!
We are looking for an experienced Backend Developer
to join our team.Requirements
- Contribute to Ohme’s backend infrastructure built in Kotlin
- Ship maintainable, robust and tested code in production
- Contributing to the Technology strategy and architecture by suggesting new technologies, techniques and solutions
- Collaborate with POs and other team members to deliver value incrementally and regularly
- Coach and mentor less experienced members of your team
- Participate in recruitment processes by interviewing candidates for technical positions
- Keep abreast of industry trends and advancements and communicate those with your team
- Help improving our way of working based on continuous improvement
- 3+ years of software development experience in a JVM ecosystem programming language such as Java, Kotlin, Scala or similar
- Experience using Spring boot or similar such as Ktor
- A passion for creating API-first products
- Ability to write efficient, secure, well-documented, and clean code
- Familiar with Agile principles and best practices such as peer code review, pair programming etc
- Clear understanding of fundamental computer science and software engineering concepts (e.g. design patterns, test-first design, SOLID principles)
- Prior experience in addressing business and technical stakeholder requirements and translating these to appropriate solution architectures
- Commercial experience using Kotlin
- Previous experience dealing with Monolith and Microservices architectures
- Experience working for a product centric organisation
- Experience working with AWS or similar cloud technologies
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Hybrid office / remote-working practices
- Beautiful central London office with outside space
- Private Health Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan to spread cost of travel over 12 months
Aegon Pension Scheme
Life Assurance Scheme with death in service benefit of 4x salary
Income Protection Scheme for long term illness
Ride to Work Scheme
Payroll Giving Scheme
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are at the heart of what we do and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We actively seek out a diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed and to feel included.