At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Field Service Technician
- Repair, maintain, troubleshoot, and service FreeWire chargers, using skills and tools ranging from computer diagnostics to basic mechanical tools
- Support service needs of local customers (daily travel)
- Support service needs of remote customers as needed (overnight travel)
- Maintain detailed and timely paperwork and documentation for repairs
- Perform preventative maintenance services and document accordingly
- Report and escalate to company management as needed
- Attention to safety gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Maintain excellent communication with customers and property staff
- Represent the company at client locations with the highest standards of professional conduct
- Perform other related duties as assigned (including working in manufacturing when no open field issues)
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to frequently travel throughout the UK and Europe
- Ability to travel and work according to a changing schedule
- 2+ years of field service or directly related experience
- GSCE or equivalent
- Hands-on experience in either electrical, mechanical, or other related field service experience; experience with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting
- Knowledge of high-voltage AC / DC electricity
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, and test technical equipment
- Basic schematic reading skills preferred
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills preferred
- High attention to detail and self-motivation
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Ability to lift and/or move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to rent a car
- Strong electrical, electronic, and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Technical knowledge of EV chargers, solar power installations, or other applicable power electronics
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes or amendments to meet the evolving needs of the company. Thus, this position may include responsibilities or duties not specifically stated, but which may be deemed necessary.
Competitive compensation package DOE.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.