Exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing technology company that helps OEMs implement the latest technology to increase functionality, reduce cost and downtime and increase efficiency. The company is already well known in a wide range of industries including EVs, mobile and off-highway machinery, agriculture and renewable energy. The company is looking for a Senior Engineer to take an active leadership role within the technical team. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future direction of the engineering capabilities of the business and contribute significantly to its growth.
- Hands-on applications engineering role
- Design, development, and delivery of real-time embedded applications using off-the-shelf hardware from manufacturers such as STW, DSE, Bosch Rexroth and many others
- Customer Facing
- Work with customers from the concept of a project through to delivery, installation and beyond
- Must be comfortable dealing with customers
- Experience documenting customer and project requirements is essential
- Software development
- Real-world experience working with tools such as CODESYS (specifically Structured Text-based languages) or C programming.
- Good understanding of the overall embedded software project development lifecycle
- Provide technical and project support for junior members of the team
- Communication, both internal and external as appropriate
- Documentation of projects, processes, and other important engineering tasks
- Work with company O365 implementation
3+ years application software development experience, in real-world settings
Comfortable managing personnel and projects
Experience with automotive-level communications systems (CAN, Ethernet, Modbus TCP/IP, etc.) is required
· Based in Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire
· Travel to customer sites both in the UK and overseas is expected.
· Opportunity to grow both role and department within the business
· Reporting To – Engineering Manager