This role is central to the development of Tesseract and its ability to deliver the cheapest possible green energy to consumers.
The purpose of the role will be to create an in-house Asset Optimisation and price forecasting model from scratch.
The function will have a strong impact on the business and will closely work with the Trading, M&A and Development teams.
We are looking for a seasoned individual who is driven to make a difference in a fast paced and highly ambitious environment.
This position will offer a strongly motivated candidate the opportunity to contribute to the growth of a revolutionary green energy company right from the beginning.
- Deliver a best-in-class price forecasting model for UK and Continental Power (both short-term and long-term) – including but not limited to Forward, DA, ID and BM
- Design, develop and implement an asset model supporting the optimisation of our generation
- Be a tech leader on data science and optimisation algorithms
- Be the architect of the function (define the needs, define the problem, propose the solution, implement the solution)
- 7+ years experience in data science, optimisation algorithms and quantitative research applied in the UK energy markets
- Strong experience in Machine learning and Optimisation (linear programming, stochastic optimisation, mixed-integer programming...)
- Strong understanding of mathematical modelling, specifically using Python
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- STEM degree
- Competitive salary and a stock options sign-on bonus
- Biannual bonus scheme
- Fully expensed tech to match your needs!
- 30 days paid annual leave per year excluding Bank Holidays