: South Marston Industrial Estate - SwindonSalary
: £30,000 - £40,000 per yearHours
: Monday to Friday 8:00am - 5:00pmContract
: Permanent, full-timeStart Date
: April/May 2023About the role:
Reporting to the General Manager this role will service and maintain the laundry equipment across our new facility in Swindon - Big Blue and occasional maintenance of the equipment at the Battersea, Oxford & Cambridge lagoons. A highly automated facility that will require in-house technical skills to ensure maximum uptime and efficiency of the equipment. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate suitable experience gained within a fast-paced environment where their skills and knowledge have been used to improve techniques and processes.
At Oxwash, we're committed to revolutionising the laundry industry, and we believe that our team is at the heart of everything we do. As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals who are passionate about sustainability and making a positive impact on the world. So why not join us today and become a part of the Oxwash washing revolution!Key Responsibilities:
Your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Servicing & PPMs - regular servicing and planned preventative maintenance of the equipment throughout the facility including commercial and industrial washing machines, tumble driers, rotary irons, finishing and dosing machines.
- Fault Finding - proactively find and prevent faults occurring to equipment reducing breakages and downtime. Report any defects to the General/Production Manager that will impact operations.
- In-House Engineering - a highly automated facility relying on electrical and steam hardware, this role will provide a core competency of engineering skills and be responsible for maintaining machinery to a high standard and minimising issues To provide knowledge and input into continuous improvement of plant, machinery, and maintenance activities.
- Collaboration with external specialists - where specific knowledge/skills are required, you will be responsible for liaising with third parties to solve any issues with the hardware.
- Stock management - monitoring stock levels of spare parts and ordering new items where levels reduce below a minimum.
- Health and Safety - ensuring health and safety procedures are followed throughout the facility and improving processes over time.
- General Manager - You will report to the General Manager of Big Blue and work closely with them to ensure the facility is working to maximum efficiency.
- Shift Supervisors - You will work closely with the Shift Supervisors in order to maintain equipment and provide specialist skills as and when required.
Key qualities and competencies:
These are some of the key qualities and competencies required in this role:
- Specialist knowledge - You will ideally be familiar with commercial laundry equipment, but don't be discouraged to apply if not. Primarily we are looking for good electrical and mechanical competency and we will provide the training you need to become an expert in the commercial laundry field.
- Technical and IT literacy - We focus heavily on automation and therefore you will be confident in using technology to optimise our processes and efficiency.
- Problem Solving - We are expanding and heavily investing in new equipment and methods. You will be able to identify problems and proactively solve them whilst also having the willingness to learn new skills to add to our in-house capabilities.
- Collaboration - Oxwash thrives on teamwork and the exchange of ideas. You will use effective influencing and collaboration skills to cultivate professional working relationships at all levels.
- Organisation and detail - Excellence is central to our business. You will assure this through attention to detail and strong organisational skills as well as compliance with Health & Safety within a busy commercial setting.
- Driving Licence - A clean full driving licence is required to drive between facilities. Based in Swindon predominately with occasional travel required to Oxford, Battersea and Cambridge.
💷 A salary of £30,000 - £40,000
🧩 Generous EMI share options, following successful probationary period
☀️ 30 days’ holiday +
the option to buy more and take your birthday off!
🧢 Uniform and equipment provided by Oxwash! You’ll also get an allowance to buy work related equipment.
💧 Employee discount on personal laundry and wet cleaning
🌻 Free, confidential mental health support +
1 Mental Health Day off
🏥 A funded health cash plan and enhanced sick pay
💚 Cycle to work schemeAbout Oxwash - come and join the washing revolution!
💧Our mission at Oxwash is to permanently eliminate the impact of washing on our environment, our clothes and us. We are driving towards net-zero carbon emissions and revolutionising the laundry industry from our locations in Oxford, Cambridge and London (Battersea).
We are a green tech start up and have raised over £15 million to date. Our Series A funding round
, led by UNTITLED VC partners Magnus Rausing (Tetra Pak) and Bertie C. (ZuluForest), closed in August 2022. We are also backed by other notable investors including Reckitt, the corporate organisation that owns the stain remover Vanish. We’ve set our sights on growing our sustainable laundry service for UK customers and expanding overseas in the US.
If you like the look of this role and identify with our mission then apply to work with us. You could be a part of the only laundry and wet-cleaning company in the world that is a Certified B Corporation®!
Oxwash cares deeply about leading the way as an employer and providing a more inclusive and diverse workplace for all. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Oxwash. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy and maternity, marital status or disability status. Please let us know if you would benefit from any reasonable adjustments in order to participate fully in our recruitment process.