Taxpayer Services Senior Manager
Taxpayer Services & Operations Deputy Commissioner
Large Taxpayer Services Manager
Small to Medium Taxpayer Services Manager
Tax Public Education Manager
Taxpayer Services & Operations
Monitor the implementation of the activities related to the Department, participate in the formulation of general policies, and develop the Department's strategies, as well as follow up on the implementation of the Department's operational plans.
Key Accountabilities & Activities
- Direct the development of mechanisms for direct communication with taxpayers to ensure getting a clear understanding of their needs, and to ensure professional management of their accounts.
- Direct the development of taxpayer support strategies and programs, in coordination with the relevant entities.
- Ensure professional interaction and account management of large taxpayers accounts.
- Ensure design and implementation of tax agents’ professional development programs and ensure oversight on the entire program.
- Oversee the tax public education and awareness campaigns and training programs to promote voluntary compliance and reduce compliance costs.
- Advise on the review of the tax content used for publication and update of websites and in social media platforms.
- Ensure building capabilities on tax matters related to the targeted sectors.
Developing function readiness and establishment
- Lead the development and monitor the execution of the Department's strategy based on the Division's strategic objectives while facilitating the achievement of operations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure the timely provision of input to Strategy Management, in line with the approved governance process, to ensure that the Department's needs are reflected in the overall Department of Revenue strategy.
- Oversee the Department’s performance through tracking set KPIs and targets, and continuously identify and recommend improvements to support in the realization of the Division's strategy.
- Direct the allocation of budget across the Department to ensure complete adherence and rectify any deviation from the plan in a timely manner.
- Consolidate the Department's budget in order for the concerned parties to be able to develop a budget that addresses the Department's requirements.
- Approve consolidated workforce planning reports and talent acquisition strategies and budgets at the Department level, to ensure adequate staffing of the Department for optimal and smooth operations, and submit to the Deputy Commissioner for approval.
- Set performance management objectives for all reporting Managers and perform mid-year and year end performance reviews.
- Identify talent for pivotal roles to ensure business continuity.
- Provide guidance to reporting Managers on operational, financial and people management matters to ensure effective leadership.
Background, Skills & Qualifications
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Mindset
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is required
- Certification in a relevant field is preferred
- Minimum of 12 years in a relevant field with at least 8 years in a managerial position
Essential Aspects Of Desired Mindset
- Strategic thinking
- Leading by example
- Political correctness and prudence
- Influencing others
Essential Leadership Qualities
- Ability to champion the articulation and delivery of strategic roadmaps.
- Ability to make decisions quickly and effectively in a constantly changing work environment.
- Ability to influence, inspire, and motivate others in order to get them to perform and succeed.
Commissioner, Department of Revenue