NEOM is the world’s most ambitious project, an accelerator of human progress. NEOM is:
- An economic engine for the region and the world
- A powerful approach to environmental conservation
- A living laboratory where entrepreneurship will chart the course for a new future
- A home for an international community of dreamers and doers
Oxagon is NEOM’s economic and industrial engine, offering exceptional livability while serving as a catalyst for innovation. A new paradigm for advanced and clean industries, driven by innovation, underpinned by exceptional livability in thriving communities. Enabled by an automated port with a fully integrated physical and digital supply chain network, Oxagon will build thriving communities, where people and technology come together in harmony in nature.
The Strategy Associate will support the team in various strategic topics across real estate and economic development. The role is similar to that of an in-house junior business consultant, partnering with internal and external teams to break-down complex problems into discrete tasks, identifying issues, forming hypotheses, and facilitating discussions between the various teams. Conducting a mix of quantitative and qualitative analyses, synthesizing data, and positioning the findings within the wider context. Additionally, the Strategy Associate will be responsible for providing key analytical support to the various business units in the Oxagon Development Department.
- Support strategy development and execution by ensuring projects and initiatives are aligned with Oxagon and NEOM’s vision and annual strategic targets.
- Support on strategic planning activities with Oxagon’s development company, real estate, and economic development portfolio,
- Monitor KPIs to monitor progress on strategic initiatives.
- Provide input to update data models in Oracle and other relevant analytical computer software.
- Develop preliminary case studies and business cases, around key sectors, industries, and their value chains, to support informed decision-making.
- Provide strategic and financial analysis on initiatives and sector projects, as required, to support decision-making.
- Funnel insights (industry, business, regulatory, competitive analysis) to facilitate strategic plan
- Generate insights and recommendations and translate them into actionable plans for leadership.
- Support the development of scenarios centered around variations in business outlook and assess strategic responses including capital allocation.
- Contribute to the financial management, economic modelling and strategic planning for the real estate and economic development portfolio.
- Contribute to the financial management, economic modelling and strategic planning for the real estate and economic development portfolio. Conduct research and gather any other relevant data to assess strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to identify strategies and initiatives to address desired objectives.
- Conduct feasibility studies to support in developing strategy plans, including short-term and long- term corporate strategy.
- Coordinate with the various teams within Oxagon and broader NEOM to ensure business plans and economic assessments are in-line with wider company assumptions, metrics, and approved business plans and detailed masterplans.
- Liaise with economics analyst to ensure demographic assumptions reflect latest company directions.
- Cooperate with all departments to identify factors interfering with the feasibility of business and assisting with action plans and risk mitigation.
- Develop new reporting dashboards and update existing dashboards in Power BI and other relevant computer software.
- Prepare written communication and verbal talking points for the Head of Strategy Office and other executives to facilitate decision-making.
- 2-3 years of experience in professional environments including management and strategy consulting, advisory roles, economic development agencies, or financial institutions.
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier institution in: Business, Economics, Finance, Strategy, Analytics, Engineering, or any related fields
- A strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills.
- Experienced in analyzing financial information and trends, performing variance analysis and explain differences in performance and financial KPIs.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to improve/review existing financial models including new project business cases, overall P&L, cash forecast.
- Possess strong financial acumen, including an astute awareness of wider commercial, business, and economic issues.
- A logical and lateral thinker, who is intellectually curious.
- Advanced problem-solving, strategic thinking skills and ability to work well in high pressure environments.