Application deadline: 21 April 2023 -
Denmark, United Kingdom - Location: Lyngby/Aalborg/Aarhus/Esbjerg/Derby/York/Glasgow/London/Bristol - Energy & Marine
Senior Geotechnical Engineer – Offshore Wind
Lyngby (DK), Aarhus (DK), Aalborg (DK), Esbjerg (DK), London (UK), Glasgow (UK), Bristol (UK), Derby (UK), York (UK)
Type of Contract - Permanent
Type of Work - Hybrid
Do you want to work closely with leading global developers and support the development of future offshore wind projects? Are you passionate about the green transition and making renewable energy solutions happen? Can you lead great projects and great people, ensuring operational and technical quality? Then here is your chance to convert aspirations into actions.
Turn challenges into sustainable solutions
The green transition is rapidly accelerating. To solve tomorrow’s energy challenges, we are looking for a senior geotechnical engineer to join our Wind Energy and Renewables team. We are more than 150 enthusiastic colleagues working alongside our customers on some of the world’s most innovative projects in offshore wind. And we are thrilled to have contributed to projects such as Empire Offshore Wind (North America), Saint Nazaire (France) and Arcadis Ost (Germany).
Your key activities will be:
- Providing technical expertise and leadership to the project team as a discipline lead for projects worldwide for both floating and bottom-fixed structures
- Contributing alongside experts to internal competency development
- Facilitating an innovative geotechnical disciplinary environment
- Ensuring the application of state-of-the-art design
- Coordinating with the certification authority to ensure technical compliance with standards
- Access to further learning, including technical and business development courses
- Participating in and contributing to internal training aimed at improving your skills and of younger colleagues in the offshore wind industry.
Your skills. Our team. Together, we design the future.
The first step to success in this role is that you are eager to collaborate with the people around you, whether they are colleagues, partners or customers. Developing ties with others is something you do by acting respectfully and delivering on your promises. Being inquisitive, you never get set in your ways but keep exploring new insights and ways to improve.
On top of that, you will have:
- An MSc in geotechnical engineering or similar. In addition, a PhD or postdoc experience is an advantage.
- Experience with geotechnical design and installation of offshore structures is an advantage.
- Experience with soil laboratory and field testing, interpretation of geotechnical data and basic knowledge of data science and regression of geotechnical data.
- Knowledge of computational geomechanics, FE analysis and constitutive modelling, e.g., PLAXIS.
- Competencies in programming languages such as Python, MATLAB, or C++ are an advantage.
A place to work and so much more
At COWI, we work together with our customers to shape a sustainable and liveable world. We do it by applying our knowledge and curiosity – and sometimes even our courage – to create the solutions the world needs today to enable a better tomorrow. That is why we say no to fossil-based projects and aspire to have 100 per cent of our revenue come from activities that move our customers towards sustainability.
We value differences and development and cultivate an environment of belonging and having fun. Because that is what brings out the best in you, at work and at home.
With offices primarily located in Scandinavia, Germany, the United Kingdom, North America and India, we are currently 7,300 people who bring their expertise in engineering, architecture, energy and environment into play.
What we also offer:
To us, a fair reward is more than a competitive salary. We want to take care of our people professionally and personally as well.
Some of our benefits include:
- Expat opportunities to work at another COWI office for 6 to 24 months
- An internal mobility programme dedicated to supporting you in exploring new opportunities in COWI
- Strong technical networks and knowledge-sharing communities (areas of expertise)
- A dedicated and active forum for project and design managers
- COWI Academy, our learning platform packed with quality courses in different disciplines
- Social communities and activities to ensure that we have fun along the way.
Got more questions?
If you have any unanswered questions about the role or what we have to offer, please reach out to:
For Aalborg, Aarhus or Esbjerg: Martin Kilsgaard Østergaard, Head of Section, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Lyngby: Troels Hjort, Head of Section, email@example.com
For all UK locations: Philip May, Practice Lead, firstname.lastname@example.org
Get to know us even better at our website, www.cowi.com, where you can learn more about our projects, our strategy, what we want to achieve and what life is like at COWI.
Equal opportunity employer
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.