Apollo provides a range of engineering services across the energy industry. Within the Process group we support novel energy sectors, such as Hydrogen & CCUS, in addition to Oil & Gas including (but not limited to) Exploration & Production, Asset Life Extension, Electrification, Decommissioning & Repurposing in addition to Decarbonisation & Emissions Reduction.
As part of the on-going strategy for growth, Apollo is recruiting a Principal Process Engineer to support our Process Lead in the execution of projects. The position is part of a team delivering a portfolio of engineering services. With several opportunities available, applications are welcomed for both staff and contract positions. Apollo work across the UK and welcome applications from all UK locations. Hybrid or Remote working is available.
Reporting to the Process and Safety Manager you will be part of a team of Process, Safety and Flow Assurance engineers responsible for the technical execution of engineering projects across Apollo’s business portfolio. As a Principal Process Engineer you can expect to be executing a range of projects, including process optimisation, debottlenecking and design verification, Process simulations (HYSYS) and Concept/Select studies in addition to providing inputs to advanced analysis such as Flow Assurance (utilising OLGA) and CFD. You will also support technical and commercial bids, as required, and engage with the Business Development team in the promotion of Apollo’s portfolio of engineering services.
- Support and lead both senior and junior engineers within the Process and Flow Assurance disciplines;
- Execution of Process engineering studies ensuring deliverables are fit for purpose and comply with Apollo’s HSEQ processes, policies and procedures;
- Support technical and commercial bids and other Business Development activities.
- Input into and, where required, lead feasibility and concept level Process studies;
- Fulfil the role of a Principal Process Engineer as necessary including the preparation, checking and approval of Process engineering deliverables in line with project procedures, engineering standards and specifications.
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Engineering degree relevant to Process Engineering;
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role;
- Demonstrable Process Engineering experience applied to the Oil & Gas (i.e. offshore production platforms, FPSO etc.) or relevant energy sectors;
- Technical Safety, Flow Assurance or Advanced Process Simulation experience is advantageous;
- Knowledge and understanding of international standards relating to Process equipment sizing and system design in accordance with relevant and current industrial and governmental legislative and regulatory requirements;
- Experienced in working across the entire suite of project life cycles (i.e. Concept/Select, FEED, Detailed Design and Operations);
- Chartered membership of an appropriate Professional body (e.g. IChemE) – or actively working towards achieving chartership;
- Ability to communicate directly with clients, manufacturers and suppliers;
- Effective problem solving and thinking ‘outside the box’;
- Preparation of clear and well-structured design calculations, reports, drawings and other relevant Process Engineering deliverables;
- Mentoring and supporting the development of less experienced engineers;
- Process simulation experience (e.g. HYSYS, Unisim, OLGA, Flarenet etc.).
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks;
- Must be self-motivated, results-oriented and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills.