Energy Revolution Ventures (ERV) invests in transformative technology companies decarbonising the energy sector and creating a sustainable world. We are laser focused on electrochemistry, the next frontier technology accelerating this energy transition.
We are a team of experienced investors, engineers and business builders who know how to invest and scale hard technologies. In the last 18 months, we’ve invested in 7 early-stage energy technology companies globally. We leverage years of experience turning energy and battery technologies into successful, publicly traded businesses.
ERV includes both a fund and a venture builder program, Prosemino. Our fund invests globally in Seed and Series A companies across Hydrogen, Energy Storage, Carbon Capture and Advanced Materials. Prosemino is the UK’s first venture builder focused on electrochemistry, or as we like to say echem tech, providing expertise, finance and connections to early-stage founding teams to accelerate commercialisation.
About The Role
We are a small team. We move quickly. We’re looking for an Intern to help us go faster by supporting the ERV fund investment team.
Venture Capital Internship 2023
- Paid / full-time / competitive salary
- 3 month role
- Reporting to Peter Robson and Marcus Clover
- Location: Flexible. Preference for London based
- Support ERV’s investment process from origination to close.
- Perform due diligence on potential investments.
- Support technical diligence of novel climate technologies in partnership with leading academic research teams and industry experts.
- Assist investment memo preparation.
- Support deal closing.
- Post-close, support and accelerate the success of ERV and Prosemino portfolio companies through specific analyses.
- Support internal operations.
- Perform technology deep dives to refine ERV’s investment thesis.
- Market research and analysis, both financial and technical in market, policy and technology.
- Proven deep interest or experience in technology, energy or climate.
For example you may have 1) completed or enrolled in a relevant scientific PhD, or, 2) relevant VC/PE experience or management consulting in a technology sector. Applicants who’ve founded a tech company (whether successful or not) or who have developed technology at early-stage start-ups will also be considered.
- Outstanding research and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented. Superb organisational ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to produce polished presentations for publication, internal use, and investor relations.
- Curious. Dynamic. Positive, proactive, and self-motivated approach.
- Commitment to climate neutrality and genuine excitement regarding climate technologies.