We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
In today’s world it’s important to work for a company that has clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world.
When considering a career move it’s vital to work for a business that is aligned to your values and goals, a place where you can belong. See what WSP stands for in 2023 and beyond…
To find out more about our ENERGY
business by clicking on the following link and discover what awaits you at WSP: Engineering & Project Management Services for Energy | WSP
Your new role, what's involved?
- Managing and performing high quality technical advisory works,
- Providing detailed and up-to-date technical input into a range of solar PV consultancy assignments,
- Project management and interfacing between various WSP engineering disciplines and international offices,
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with clients.
- Maintaining and building WSP’s reputation as a leading technical consultant for Solar PV, and promoting the company externally.
WSP’s has a long history in the delivery of high-quality technical advisory and management consultancy services focused on renewable energy. We have worked on ground mount, floating and rooftop solar developments, including some of the world’s largest solar PV projects. We have established client relationships with some of the largest and most well-known developers, investors and lenders in the industry and we support their projects across the globe. Delivering high quality, proactive, prompt and up to date technical services to our clients is paramount. We offer services at all stages of the project lifecycle, with a particular focus on the following core services:
- Energy yield and resource assessments,
- Site layouts and optimisation, concept design and feasibility studies,
- Technical due diligence for Merger and Acquisition (M&A) transactions,
- Lender’s Technical Advisor (LTA) scopes of work,
- Project development and Owner’s Engineer (OE) scopes of work, including tendering and contracting support, construction monitoring and management, and technical advisory services.
WSP has ambitions to significantly expand our renewable energy team. We have a range of roles available to suit people at all points of their career and development. We are seeking talented engineers or renewable energy professionals with experience in the delivery of any of WSP’s core scopes for solar PV development. Applications are encouraged from those who have experience as a contractor, developer, financier/lender, or manufacturer, in addition to those with consultancy experience. WSP’s aim is to build a team with broad range of experience to allow us to allow the best value and advice to our clients.
This role will report to the Sector Lead for Solar PV and will require working closely with the other renewable energy sector teams, technical discipline leads, and WSP’s international offices. In addition to providing technical expertise, a key element of this role is to contribute to the development of a close-knit high-performing specialist team.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A degree in a relevant engineering, technical or scientific discipline, ideally with a post graduate qualification related to renewable energy.
- Experience (appropriate to the seniority of the role) in the delivery of solar PV projects, ideally within the UK and internationally on utility scale projects, and at least one of WSP’s core services.
- Knowledge (appropriate to the seniority of the role) of solar PV technology and the project development process.
- OPTIONAL- Experience in managing projects, developing client relationships and working in a consultancy environment.
- OPTIONAL- Some experience in business development and/or winning work.
What's in it for you?
WSP recognises that work is only one part of your life and making time for other things is important – whether that’s for your families, friends, or yourself.
Our hybrid working policy allows the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home as well as collaborating in our contemporary offices across the UK.
We want our people to achieve rewarding careers, bringing their whole selves to work. We celebrate integrity and treat people with respect, supporting each other and embracing diversity to create a culture of inclusion and belonging at WSP.
Our employee resource groups VIBE (LGBTQ+ employees), CREED (Championing Racial Equality and Ethnic Diversity) and our Gender Balance Group, in tandem with WSP’s Neurodiverse Community Group, WSP Connect Group (visible and non-visible disabilities) help us promote the right environment for you to reach your full potential.
We are committed to supporting our people, giving you the tools to make improvements to your health and wellbeing through our Thrive programme.
Med24 gives you and your family unrestricted telephone access to an NHS doctor where you can call day or night or have a face-to-face video consultation.
For improved work life balance, WSP offers the “WSP Hour” which enables you to take one hour per day to do as you wish and make up the time earlier or later that day. We also offer part time and flexible working arrangements plus the option to flex your bank holiday entitlement to suit you.
We appreciate that development and training is important to you and that’s why we have a supportive environment that invests in your development, whether that’s chartership, training or mentoring.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. As a Disability Confident leader, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in support of your application.
Please note WSP reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date