Previous applicants need not apply
Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust requires a highly motivated, reliable and flexible Mechanical Technician to work as a key member of the Estates Team. You will play a proactive role within the team, delivering key objectives to meet both departmental and Trust requirements.
The post holder will assist the Estates Directorate to provide a comprehensive and responsive Estate Management Service to all of the Trust’s properties.
You will be a higher level multi skilled hands on maintenance mechanical technician who is able to deliver the full range of duties associated with the post holder’s core craft trade.
- Diagnose faults, carry out repair and maintain the building engineering services, plant and equipment.
- Deliver safe isolations within your specialist craft skill set.
- Oversee others on fault-finding, repairs, maintenance and installation of complex plant, equipment and buildings belonging to the Trust.
- Undertake Authorised Person duties.
- This post will be based at the Luton and Dunstable Hospital covering services across the Trust’s Luton and Dunstable sites.
- Hours are 37.5 hours week Monday – Friday and the post holder will be expected to participate in the on call rota service for out of hours emergency calls, with some weekend and evening work whilst on call.
Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides hospital services to a growing population of around 700,000 people living across Bedfordshire and the surrounding areas across two busy hospital sites in Bedford and Luton. Both hospital sites offer key services such as A&E, Obstetrics-led Maternity and Paediatrics.
You will be joining a friendly, high performing Trust committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of staff. As one of the largest NHS Trusts in our region you will have access to a programme of high quality training and development to help you grow your career.
We have state-of-the art facilities placing us at the heart of cutting edge health care. The Trust continues to be committed to delivering the best patient care using the best clinical knowledge and technology available.
Please note that vacancies may close prior to the advertised closing date when sufficient number of applications have been received. Please ensure that you make your application as soon as possible.
All new staff will be subject to a probationary period covering their first six months in post. Travel between hospital sites may be required.
Please review all documents attached to this advert to ensure you familiarise yourself with all requirements of the job.
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Nilesh Sida Job title: Technical Services Manager Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone number: 01582 497028