Indra was founded in 2013 on a mission to create the smartest way to power EVs (electric vehicles). With its design, R&D, engineering, and manufacturing operations based in Malvern, this British company has fast become a leading EV and smart energy technology business. It is creating tomorrow’s sustainable energy ecosystem today through the use of pioneering technology that integrates the car, the home and the grid.
Indra has designed a range of innovative EV chargers that offer more convenient, reliable, cheaper and sustainable EV charging capability. The company has also developed the first viable bi-directional V2G (vehicle to grid) charger which allows power to flow both ways, enabling users to control the flow of energy to where it’s most needed. This revolutionary technology means customers are able to access energy when needed and at its cheapest and most sustainable, and it also assists the grid in balancing energy load and demand.
The Production Manager will look after the day-to-day operations of the organisation’s manufacturing facilities and own the production schedules according to OPSP parameters including sales orders, current stock levels and forward forecasts and determine optimal utilisation of manufacturing team and equipment to meet manufacturing goals.
- Recruits, hires and trains production employees; conducts Health and Safety Risk Assessments and audits; assures that established policies and procedures are followed
- Management of our certification requirements for our product development projects, ensuring they are well understood by our product development teams
- Managing product requirements, ensuring these are communicated effectively with the product development teams, tracking them across our projects
- Managing test programs with external test houses such as EMC and environmental testing, gaining certification and approval
- Managing product certification and evidence submissions
- Ensuring our test and certification processes are in line with best practice and our QMS, with a particular focus on the development of testing processes and results capture and retention
- Lead Corrective Actions of any manufacturing problems that may arise; work with Quality Manager in development and implementation of corrective and preventive actions (CAPA
- Must have experience as a Production Manager in a manufacturing environment particularly in the area of consumer goods.
- Experience developing and improving production operations and processes
- Working within an ISO 9001 accredited production facility
- Experience of production control and planning (S&OP)
- Strong working knowledge of ERP Systems