Designed, engineered, and manufactured in the UK, Indra offers the best smart charging products on the market using pioneering, patented technology. With industry leading reliability, Indra’s high-quality, high-performance EV smart chargers are easy to install and operate; and are already in use in thousands of home and commercial locations worldwide. Its products are not only smart for customers, but also deliver maximum results for the grid and minimum impact on the environment.
Indra was founded in 2013 on a mission to create the smartest way to power EVs (electric vehicles). With its design, R&D, engineering, and manufacturing operations based in Malvern, this British company has fast become a leading EV and smart energy technology business. It is creating tomorrow’s sustainable energy ecosystem today through the use of pioneering technology that integrates the car, the home and the grid.
Indra has designed a range of innovative EV chargers that offer more convenient, reliable, cheaper and sustainable EV charging capability. The company has also developed the first viable bi-directional V2G (vehicle to grid) charger which allows power to flow both ways, enabling users to control the flow of energy to where it’s most needed. This revolutionary technology means customers are able to access energy when needed and at its cheapest and most sustainable, and it also assists the grid in balancing energy load and demand.
By working with carefully selected professional installer networks, Indra’s high-quality, high-performance products are easy to install and operate; and are already in use in thousands of home and commercial locations worldwide.
Benefits available to Indra’s employees include:
· 5% matched Pension
· 25 days annual holiday allowance in addition to bank holidays
· 1 day annual volunteering leave
· Quarterly Team Building events
· Social events
· Wellbeing, Health & Safety and Green Forums
· Employee referral reward scheme
· Long service reward scheme
· Discretionary bonus
· Benefits Platform (includes cycle2work scheme, retail discounts, eye test voucher, employee assistance programme, health cash plan etc)*
· Monthly wellbeing allowance*
· Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay
· Mental Health First Aiders
· Company Car scheme*
*Available to employees who have completed their successful probation period.
· Customer Returns (RMA) Support
o Investigate customer returned units as they come into the business in a timely manner
o Root cause analysis of the customer faults. You will use a series of diagnostics techniques and equipment to identify faults. In particular this will require some expertise in use of volt meters and other electronics diagnostic equipment
o Produce detailed technical reports
o Fault finding of failed production units down to component level including replacing components on PCB’s so soldering and desoldering skills will be required.
o Unit repair, rework and test
o Tracking and reporting on fault trends. You will produce reports of your findings and fill out run charts and make data base entries
· Incoming quality inspection by following Work Instructions and using various metrology equipment including vernier calipers and other gauges and tools.
· In process inspection against drawings or Quality Alerts
· Support activities such as 100% inspection and sorting to ensure compliant parts are provided to the production line in the event that a supplier quality issue has been identified
· Rework such as plastics de-flashing or minor repairs to non conforming materials
· Other activities as directed by the Quality Engineers or Production Manager
· HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering discipline. This role does require electronics diagnostics and so you will have or be working towards an electronics qualification
· IPC-A_610 certified (or similar industry recognised soldering standard). You will regularly carry out soldering activities on complex and high value PCB’s
· You will have demonstrated experience in a Quality role in a manufacturing company. This should be as a Quality Technician and include evidence in areas such as component inspection.
· Experience in report / technical documentation creation within MS Office
· Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment using standard test equipment i.e. DMM and Oscilloscope
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Desirable Skills / Experience
· Understand electronic circuits, read complex schematic and layout diagrams to trace components in order to perform troubleshooting on failed products.
· Understanding of equipment calibration such as nut runners would be useful.
· Experience working with injection molded ‘A’ surface plastics would be an advantage
· Knowledge or understanding of ERP systems, or similar business process management systems
· Knowledge of Return Material Authorisation Process
· Knowledge of operating within an ISO 9001 quality system