Designed, engineered, and manufactured in the UK, Indra offers the best smart charging products on the market using pioneering, patented technology. With industry leading reliability, Indra’s high-quality, high-performance EV smart chargers are easy to install and operate; and are already in use in thousands of home and commercial locations worldwide. Its products are not only smart for customers, but also deliver maximum results for the grid and minimum impact on the environment.
Indra was founded in 2013 on a mission to create the smartest way to power EVs (electric vehicles). With its design, R&D, engineering, and manufacturing operations based in Malvern, this British company has fast become a leading EV and smart energy technology business. It is creating tomorrow’s sustainable energy ecosystem today through the use of pioneering technology that integrates the car, the home and the grid.
Indra has designed a range of innovative EV chargers that offer more convenient, reliable, cheaper and sustainable EV charging capability. The company has also developed the first viable bi-directional V2G (vehicle to grid) charger which allows power to flow both ways, enabling users to control the flow of energy to where it’s most needed. This revolutionary technology means customers are able to access energy when needed and at its cheapest and most sustainable, and it also assists the grid in balancing energy load and demand.
By working with carefully selected professional installer networks, Indra’s high-quality, high-performance products are easy to install and operate; and are already in use in thousands of home and commercial locations worldwide.
Benefits available to Indra’s employees include:
· 5% matched Pension
· 25 days annual holiday allowance in addition to bank holidays
· 1 day annual volunteering leave
· Quarterly Team Building events
· Social events
· Wellbeing, Health & Safety and Green Forums
· Employee referral reward scheme
· Long service reward scheme
· Discretionary bonus
· Benefits Platform (includes cycle2work scheme, retail discounts, eye test voucher, employee assistance programme, health cash plan etc)*
· Monthly wellbeing allowance*
· Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay
· Mental Health First Aiders
· Company Car scheme*
*Available to employees who have completed their successful probation period.
Indra continues to expand its business to include new Smart Charger models whilst developing our market leading vehicle to grid products. You will take a leading role in sourcing new components and developing new suppliers. At the same time, you will support existing BoM purchasing ensuring that materials are available when required by production resolving issues with suppliers.
- Manage key Indra suppliers including regular visits to suppliers nurturing strong working relationships and seeking opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Support supplier development activities including:
- Review of suppliers and identification of alternatives for all critical parts.
- Co-ordinate non-conformance reporting and resolution within the supply chain.
- Carry out regular supplier audits of current supply base.
- Thorough evaluation and audit of proposed new suppliers.
- Responsible for ensuring the continuous supply of critical components. Indra relies on a reliable supply of active and passive electronic components into our PCB assemblies. You will support our PCB partners to identify suitable alternatives where necessary from component data sheets. Close liaison with the electronic engineering team is important.
- Product cost down projects:
- Working with suppliers to implement ECR’s (Engineering Change Requests)
- Identification of overseas suppliers to be able to manufacture, assemble, and test electronics components.
- Responsible for effective procurement of direct and indirect materials ensuring supplier performance and on time delivery:
- Managing back order status / item availability with suppliers proactively taking action to ensure production stock requirements are met
- Negotiating with suppliers to achieve best pricing via an understanding of supplier manufacturing processes and an analysis of their costs
- Sourcing components to meet Engineering specifications
- Compiling and maintaining the approved supplier list
- Co-ordinating non-conformance reporting and resolution within the supply chain in accordance with the company QMS
- Report KPI’s & other Supply Chain metrics across the business
- Responsible for the effective use of ERP systems for stock and financial control
- Degree qualified with a strong preference for Electronics but could be in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Demonstrated experience developing suppliers from first contact to volume production.
- You will have used various ERP systems in your career and show that you are passionate about embedding systems in everything we do.
- Working within an ISO 9001 QMS
- Proficient in the use and implementation of ERP systems
Nice to have
- Experience with sourcing and developing injection mouldings including ‘A’ surface products
- Experience with sourcing and developing PCB suppliers
- Experience sourcing from LCC including China and India