Designed, engineered, and manufactured in the UK, Indra offers the best smart charging products on the market using pioneering, patented technology. With industry leading reliability, Indra’s high-quality, high-performance EV smart chargers are easy to install and operate; and are already in use in thousands of home and commercial locations worldwide. Its products are not only smart for customers, but also deliver maximum results for the grid and minimum impact on the environment.
Indra was founded in 2013 on a mission to create the smartest way to power EVs (electric vehicles). With its design, R&D, engineering, and manufacturing operations based in Malvern, this British company has fast become a leading EV and smart energy technology business. It is creating tomorrow’s sustainable energy ecosystem today through the use of pioneering technology that integrates the car, the home and the grid.
Indra has designed a range of innovative EV chargers that offer more convenient, reliable, cheaper and sustainable EV charging capability. The company has also developed the first viable bi-directional V2G (vehicle to grid) charger which allows power to flow both ways, enabling users to control the flow of energy to where it’s most needed. This revolutionary technology means customers are able to access energy when needed and at its cheapest and most sustainable, and it also assists the grid in balancing energy load and demand.
By working with carefully selected professional installer networks, Indra’s high-quality, high-performance products are easy to install and operate; and are already in use in thousands of home and commercial locations worldwide.
Benefits available to Indra’s employees include:
· 5% matched Pension
· 25 days annual holiday allowance in addition to bank holidays
· 1 day annual volunteering leave
· Quarterly Team Building events
· Social events
· Wellbeing, Health & Safety and Green Forums
· Employee referral reward scheme
· Long service reward scheme
· Discretionary bonus
Benefits Platform (includes cycle2work scheme, retail discounts, eye test voucher, employee assistance programme, health cash plan etc)
· Monthly wellbeing allowance*
· Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay
· Mental Health First Aiders
· Company Car scheme*
*Available to employees who have completed their successful probation period.
The Electronic Design engineer will be supporting the research and development of features and functions for INDRA's next generation of AC and DC electric vehicle supply equipment. The role will entail development from requirements capturing through to design & prototype to production readiness and costs downs.
- Authoring and running of development test plans and test reports
- Support with component selection, pricing and lead time data for design and manufacturing operations
- Evaluation, testing and approval of new and alternate components and establishing regulatory impact of changes
- Review of schematics, layouts, and documents
- Triage, investigation, and root cause analysis of production test failures
- Undertaking reliability and accelerated life testing
- Performing other reasonable tasks in line with business requirements
- This is a varied role with diverse technical challenges so would suit a strong electronic engineer with broad skills who enjoys working across the full product lifecycle.
- Degree-qualified in Electronic Engineering or equivalent, with related experience preferably within consumer product development.
- Demonstrable experience of managing electrical & electronic sub-assembly development from requirements capture through options development, concept design, scheme design, detailed design and manufacture through to installation, testing and commissioning
- Schematic capture and PCB design; preferred design packages being KiCad
- Version control of design files using Github