Overview / Responsibilities
Piping & Layout Engineer - Process & Energy, Glasgow Based
Wood Process & Energy are looking to expand our Piping teams on a permanent staff basis as we make preparations for upcoming scopes of work. To support this growth w e require a developing Piping & Layout Engineer to be based in Glasgow who is in the early stages of their career, supporting a team of Engineers and Designers which enables us to meet a large demand in critical Petrochemical, Onshore Oil & Gas, Hydrogen and Energy projects.
The appointed may be allocated to one significant project or a portfolio of projects at a variety of stages.
Join a culture of innovation , pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
Commencing into FEED, Detailed Design and EPC / EPCm phase type projects, the opportunity will ensure piping engineering design and coordination across a variety of industries to ensure scope of work is executed successfully.
Technical knowledge of Piping is required in:
Calculations, specifications, material and valve selection, including P&ID development, and requisitioning of piping components.
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood.
As a key part of the team, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure the quality of deliverables is in line with relevant codes and standards, needs of the customer, regulatory authorities
- Prepare piping technical specifications and piping material specifications
- Requisition piping components, provide technical evaluation and review of vendor documentation
- Perform piping engineering detail design calculations
- Provide input into the P&IDs and participate in HAZOP reviews and to the proposal and budget estimates
- Develop piping and pipe support standard detail drawings
- Prepare datasheets for valves and special piping items
- Provide technical support to the onsite construction teams, projects department, and estimating department
- Awareness of pipe stress analysis and pipe support calculations
- Prepare and development of project-specific procedures
Skills / Qualifications
At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences.
So even if you feel you don’t have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges….do apply.
- Educated to a minimum HNC in an Engineering based subject, degree level preferred
- Good understanding of procedures and workflows related to the piping discipline
- Well developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, and engineering programs
- Relevant experience in computer pipe stress software packages are desirable
- Awareness in 3D project delivery using E3D, PDMS or equivalent software
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively work in a team
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.