Location: Horley (flexible)
Salary: £40.4k - £50.6k per annum (Dependent on skills & qualifications)
Reference: REQ3116 Do you want to be a part of an innovative and supportive team, where there are great opportunities for career progression and development?
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and driven individual to join our growing Network Strategy team as a Network Strategy Analyst. In this role you will be providing analytical support to the wider business through existing and new data analytics tools, with an ultimate aim of driving compliance and performance against our regulatory delivery requirements for Ofgem (GD2/GD3) and HSE. The role requires the candidate to understand data as well as being able to provide analysis and insight through clear visual, written, and verbal communication.
We are looking for a self- motivated, and inquisitive individual who will be proactive and take responsibility for meeting deadlines and be able to set their own goals to deliver their objectives.
The role can be based in any SGN Offices either in Scotland or Southern, with Hybrid working option. The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Network Strategy Manager. What will you be doing day to day?
What You’ll Need
- Supporting the development and implementation of existing and potential new model for Asset Investment Management, ensuring this is embedded to become business as usual.
- Managing and monitoring the Network asset models including data development, analysis and looking at investment optimisation.
- Use of visualisation tools to produce visual patterns and trends
- Carry out asset investment modelling and analysis to formulate strategy plans and reports
- Monitoring projects and tracking completion to ensure this is reflected in delivery of Ofgem targets.
- Use all the above to support the Network Strategy Regulatory Delivery team
- Work closely and interchangeably with the NS Regulatory Delivery and Strategic Reporting teams
- Support the completion of Network Asset Risk Metrics Regulatory Reporting Pack submission and performance report
- Liaising with Asset Managers to improve data quality within our asset management tool – Copperleaf C55
- Use the Copperleaf software to support the business in preparing GD3 plan
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you…
- Competency in mathematics, statistics, and significant analytical capability.
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to change; and meet tight deadlines
- Highly motivated with a flexible and innovative approach to the workplace, work systems and technologies
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel or other software used for data management.
- Ability either in any programming language or the ability to learn and adapt.
- Strong communication skills supporting regular liaison with many other departments within SGN
- An understanding of gas engineering principles, network assets, and SGN core systems and processes would be an advantage.
- A highly self-motivated approach with a positive attitude
we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment. What’s in it for you?
What We Do…
- Job security and genuine learning and development opportunities
- Holiday and sickness package
- HolidayPlus - Buy up to 10 additional days holiday, available all year round
- Retail & leisure discounts
- Cycle2work scheme
- Company pension scheme – with company contributions between 6 -12% (depending on length of service and personal % contribution)
- Gym & mobile discounts
- Virtual GP - Our GP Helpline is a virtual GP service which offers unlimited access to GP at a time which suits you
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe. SGN is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we are passionate about working towards at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.