At FreeWire, we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger, FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
FreeWire has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies, commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S. FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us @FreeWireTech.
Sales Development Representative UK/Europe
We are seeking an extremely motivated individual committed to learning fundamental prospecting, lead qualification, and market segmentation skills needed to develop into a top-performing sales professional. Key attributes will be exceeding expectations, flexibility in performing tasks, a commitment to organization and documentation, and enthusiasm to do what it takes to get the job done. In this role, you will generate new business opportunities by following a proven process to prospect into business accounts. You will identify and research lists of companies and contacts to target, and develop and manage email and telephone campaigns to generate new business.
The SDR will work with the Segment Directors to create and prioritize their target market and is accountable for generating qualified warm leads, which they will pass to the SD to close. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical, tenacious, and not afraid of cold calling. This position has advancement potential within the rapidly growing sales organization.
The ideal candidate will possess a desire to develop their professional selling skills and must be a fit for our fun, entrepreneurial, team-based culture. This role is not targeted at an experienced sales rep, rather an individual who is driven to learn and succeed with a great attitude—we will train you on the rest!
- Learn and execute proven processes, including cold calling and email, to generate new sales opportunities
- Follow up effectively with leads to qualify them and to conduct initial discovery of their requirements
- Strategize with sales executives and the marketing team to support their prospecting programs with direct outreach
- Engage executives in targeted prospect accounts
- Orchestrate discussions with customers around their business needs
- Discover and engage new prospect accounts and contacts within your assigned territory
- Leverage CRM tools to prospect into specific geographic territories and sectors
- Managing inventory on site
- Placing and fulfilling orders
- Representing FreeWire at trade shows and events
- All other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of sales or related demand generation experience in a solution, selling-based structure
- A commanding desire to learn, grow and succeed in tech sales
- Multi-lingual (English plus Spanish and/or Italian) spoken and written
- Experience with sales tools – CRM, Email Automation, Prospecting
- Proficiency with standard corporate productivity tools (Microsoft Office Suite, email, phone skills)
- The ability to write succinct, crisp emails and have a great phone manner
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding assigned targets and personal goals
- Committed to constant growth, learning, and improvement
- A team player who thrives in an environment where there are many moving pieces and where success is measured for the organization as well as the individual
- Entrepreneurial and highly organized
- Confident and a genuine communicator with great listening skills
- Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Above all, you must be results driven—you are always looking to achieve great things for yourself and your team!
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes or amendments to meet the evolving needs of the company. Thus, this position may include responsibilities or duties not specifically stated, but which may be deemed necessary.
This role is based in the UK (Oxfordshire European Sales Office/Remote), reporting to the UK-based European Head of Sales, but requires regular pan-European travel and visits to our headquarters in the Bay Area, San Francisco, USA.
At FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.