REQ ID: 115395
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
POSTING END DATE: 18/05/23
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.What To Expect
In this multi-skilled role, you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to join a highly skilled, dynamic maintenance team based at Logistics Operation Centre, Solihull.
You will contribute towards the long-term success of Jaguar Land Rover by being part of the team in an uplifted body construction manufacturing facility with new manufacturing assets.
The manufacturing asset footprint includes numerous modern technologies encompassing automated guided vehicles, ASRS picking, Monorail delivery systems, racking, automated conveyors, advanced multi shuttle technologies, numerous lift assistors and general site services maintenance.
Delivering a premium product from your manufacturing facility, you will take extreme pride in being part of the maintenance operations team at LOC, providing engineering maintenance support to maximise production efficiencies by maintaining all manufacturing assets and ancillary equipment within the manufacturing facility.
Through living and breathing our purpose, vision, strategy and transformation you will exemplify World Class maintenance skills, behaviours and competencies in all you do, maximising manufacturing efficiencies.
This will enable you to grow with the manufacturing facility and be a part of something very special within our global organisation.Key Accountabilities And Responsibilities
Your key accountabilities and responsibilities include:
What You’ll Need
- To work as part of the maintenance team to ensure a safe and efficient production performance is delivered within the Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, People and Environment framework
- Performing detailed preventive and corrective maintenance activities in accordance with schedules
- Fault diagnosis and rectification on all plant and equipment within the manufacturing facility
- Identifying the root cause of asset faults, improving asset performance and reliability to meet operational objectives
- Providing a fast and efficient response time to any plant breakdowns that occur, whilst ensuring all company procedures and standards are adhered to
- Provide process knowledge and guidance for Kaizen activities with integrated production and maintenance teams
- Ownership of 5S and workplace organisation activities to standards
- Utilise lean manufacturing techniques to improve the process and layout
- Manage the implementation of all process modifications and ensure all related documentation is updated
- Provide technical expertise to team problem solving activity to accurately identify root cause and corrective actions
- Contribute to environmental initiatives to maintain standards as required
- Comply to Health and Safety procedures by ensuring all safety metrics are achieved, including identifying safety hazards and risks and ensuring corrective action implemented and ensures the team receive appropriate training
- Work on waste within maintenance operations and continually seek efficiencies in all areas
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
Knowledge and Experience
- A recognised time-served apprenticeship with NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an engineering maintenance discipline
- A proven maintenance engineering professional with high standards of electrical and mechanical understanding and competencies
- Expertise in fault diagnosis and rectification processes, and planned and corrective maintenance activities gained from within a similar role as part of an industrial maintenance team
- Ability to work to find root cause of failure in reactive maintenance scenarios, and implement permanent corrective actions
- The ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics
- Excellent analytical, planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly to adapt to changing circumstances within the business
- A strong team player with excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Adopting a continuous improvement mindset in day-to-day working
- Be pro-active, results orientated and pragmatic in your approach with a can-do attitude
- A good level of computer literacy with the ability to use Microsoft office package elements
- Willingness to undertake projects/continuous improvement works in-line with business requirements
- Able to work a rotational shift pattern
- Knowledge and experience of automation, conveyor systems and mechanical systems
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of Siemens PLC’s and control systems
- Lean manufacturing methodologies experience including TPM, 5S, Kaizen and PPS (Practical Problem Solving) techniques
- Previous experience in the use of a CMMS platform
- Experience in the supervision of contractors and equipment OEM’s
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety processes
- Understanding of PUWER and its influence in the maintenance arena
- Experience of operating in a high volume, fast paced 24/7 manufacturing environment
- Previous automotive maintenance experience would be advantageous, though not essential
- Knowledge of Quality Operating Systems procedures and deliverables
- Understanding of environmental controls and practices
- Working knowledge of HVAC, Gas, Water, Compressed air systems and electricity.
- Demonstrates our Creators Code behaviours of Customer Love, Unity, Integrity, Growth and Impact
- Continually working hard to deliver a modern luxury experience to earn and keep our customers’ trust and loyalty
- Embracing differences, being empathetic, welcoming challenges together empowering each other to deliver
- Building trust by speaking openly and honestly, listening attentively, and treating others respectfully
- Taking initiative and using failure as an opportunity to learn. We develop by giving and seeking honest feedback
- Making a difference through our results. We innovate and never lose sight of what we want to achieve
- An individual who is results driven with the ability to deliver operational plans in a highly demanding environment
- An individual with the ability to prioritise their workload
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
- An effective team player who supports team members
SO WHY US?
- Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family and membership of a competitive pension plan. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
JLR considers that this role meets the criteria to be considered for a Skilled Worker Visa. Therefore, JLR will support an application for visa sponsorship. The SOC code is 5223
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.