dss+ is a leading operations management consulting firm offering sustainability services to corporate, public, and international organizations across various specialist subject areas. dss+ offers advisory and implementation transformational services in Operational Risk, Operational Excellence, and Sustainability enabled by Learning & Development and Digital Technologies.
dss+ has employees across the globe offering services primarily in the Metals & Mining, Chemicals, Oil & Gas, Utilities, Manufacturing, Consumer Products and Financial Services industries.
Our global sustainability practice has strong intellectual property (IP), methodologies, tools, and capabilities in sustainability across key offering areas – ESG & Sustainable Finance, Sustainability Strategies & Operational Roadmaps, Energy Transition & Decarbonisation, Circular Economy & Resource Management, and Capability & Culture Transformation. We focus on sustainability implementation and transformational change.
Alongside our dss+ industrial operations heritage and expertise in operational risk management, operations excellence, learning & development, data analytics & digital technology, our capabilities provide an integrated, transformational solution to enable clients to realize their business goals.
Due to rapid growth across our activities, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a leadership position with aspirations within Decarbonization and Net Zero Roadmap described as follows.
What we offer
- A leadership position to further develop our Decarbonisation and Net Zero value proposition and support our industry-lead growth strategy
- Exciting and varied projects at the main challenge of our time, and an opportunity to support a broad portfolio of existing and new clients with our industry teams on their Decarbonisation & Net Zero journey.
- Access and collaboration with our specialist sustainability teams and hubs, including low carbon technologies, GHG & LCA, ESG Advisory, Sustainable Finance etc
- An opportunity to engage on projects for a broad portfolio of industrial clients.
- Inclusion and mentoring within a professional, dynamic, passionate team of consultants and industry specialists.
- An enviable work environment that respects the life-work balance of employees.
- An engaged leadership that listens and encourages initiative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- A purpose-driven corporate culture aiming at delivering a positive impact to the world.
Your mission involves leadership of our client engagements, offering development and taking the lead in developing and positioning our offering and supporting our industry go-to-market efforts
As part of the role, you will be expected to:
- Support the team in developing and delivering efficient, practical and impactful Net Zero Roadmaps for clients.
- Architect client solutions, drawing together our appropriate consulting and specialist teams alongside partnerships where relevant
- Work with leadership to Lead and support the team in standardizing our commercial approach and codifying key delivery activities.
- Identify and plan for capabilities and digital assets development.
- Work closely with Sustainability and Industry Leadership teams to support our business development and growth effort in close collaboration with our industry teams.
- Directly engage on and lead client opportunities successfully.
- Support the team in delivering efficient and impactful Net Zero Roadmaps for clients.
- Coordinate and position our DECARBONISATION AND NET ZERO value proposition with our other sustainability VPs.
What we are looking for
- A positive, professional, curious, and enthusiastic attitude and can demonstrate commitment to supporting client transformation.
- Excellent listening, adaptation and leadership skills.
- A minimum of 15 years of management/strategic/operational consulting experience with strong client engagement competencies, ability to lead engagements from end-to-end and strengths in architecting practical (and operational) net zero solutions
- Engaging specific industry experience in at least one of the following – Chemicals, Power & Utilities, Oil & Gas, Mining & Metals, Food & Beverage, Logistics & Transportation
- leadership style and passion for coaching of consultants, industry and specialist teams and experience with teaming with partners
- Demonstrated exposure and understanding of relevant frameworks/standards: e.g. TCFD, SBTi, IPCC GHG Protocol, OGMP, GRI Sustainability Reporting.
- Technical expertise in one or more sub-fields such as Carbon Markets, Carbon Capture Utilisation and storage, Renewable Energy, Grid and Energy Systems, Biofuels, Hydrogen, and Energy Efficiency.
- Crafted and polished communication skills with demonstrated ability to engage with C-level leaders at clients and operational and technical teams and support the design of solutions with partners.
- Industry experience in at least one of the following – Agribusiness, Food & Beverage, Power & Utilities, Industrials or Logistics & Transportation. Other experience with our priority industries is beneficial, such as with Oil, Gas & New Energies, Mining & Metals and Chemicals.
- Demonstrate previous exposure or training, including one of the following frameworks/standards: TCFD, SBTi, IPCC GHG Protocol, OGMP, GRI Sustainability Reporting.
At dss+ we embrace and celebrate diversity. We have established an inclusive culture where everyone contributes and can develop and display their talents in solving challenging client problems. We have a team-based culture, and thus we look for people that operate well in this environment, are intellectually curious and are adaptive in ensuring their contribution fits within our projects' evolving themes and dynamics.