Cluster General Manager – Shushah Island
Executive Director – Hotel Development
Liaison – Shushah Island Proponent
The Cluster General Manager is responsible for directing, leading, supervising, executing, monitoring and evaluating all aspects of pre-opening and operations of all hotels under the cluster in Shushah Island. The aim of this role is to manage the transition from a pre-opening state to an operational state in accordance with the hotel operating strategy for the project, and ensuring that post opening operational goals and profitability objectives are achieved, including guest and employee satisfaction. Successful execution of services related to financial performance, operational excellence, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment to the hotel will be key responsibilities.
This role will need to work very closely with the Executive Director of Hotel Development, Regional Director, regional teams, project teams, design teams, hotel companies, and all relevant stakeholders to successfully open and operate the hotels within the cluster.
This role will also act as a liaison role between NEOM Hotel Development and the Shusha Island proponent leadership team.
Key Accountabilities & Activities
Operational Planning & Development
- Positively contributes to the vision and ethos of NEOM within the Hotel Sector and within the cluster.
- In conjunction with and as required by NEOM Executive Management, contribute to the formulation and implementation of the strategy for the cluster of hotels in line with NEOM’s strategy and vision.
- Key contact representing NEOM Hotels for the pre-opening and operations of the cluster hotels.
- Preparation of Pre-Opening Budgets for the Hotels within the cluster strategy.
- Ensure that strategy is translated into annual operational business plans for the hotels and that performance is monitored and managed to ensure continuous improvement.
- Preparation and oversight of the cluster hotels pre-opening activities leading up to the agreed opening dates.
- Coordination with Shushah Island Project Teams to ensure timely handover of the cluster hotels.
- Regular visits to hotel projects under development and pre-opening.
- Ensures that the necessary licenses, permits, and insurance required to open and operate the hotels legally are obtained.
- Ensures all brand and operating standards are in place for hotel openings.
- Is responsible for all FF&E, OS&E and preopening processes for the Hotels within the cluster.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining positive work relationships with key stakeholders
- Oversees and reviews operating results of hotels and all facilities within the hotel.
- Regularly visit the hotels within the cluster to address issues and assist with the effective implementation of the agreed annual business plans.
- Development and assurance of regional compliance with tourism, health, environmental and social standards for NEOM Hotels.
- Oversee and direct internal hotel teams to ensure the successful and efficient operations of the cluster hotels, covering management of all departments.
- Oversee front office operations, guest services and housekeeping operations to ensure high-quality guest experience is delivered, hotel revenues and occupancy rates are maximized, and brand standards are maintained.
- Oversee food and beverage (F&B) operations across the hotels to ensure the overall smooth and economical running of F&B operations.
- Oversee all maintenance and planning across the cluster hotels to ensure full availability and serviceability of hotel facilities, including all repair work, preventative maintenance and reconstruction work, whilst minimizing disruption for guests.
- Review opportunities to create operational efficiencies.
- Prepare daily financial and business report review for the cluster hotels.
Budget & Planning
- Recommend the budget for each of the hotels and monitor financial performance versus the budget to ensure that the business is aware of forecast costs and revenues, areas of underperformance are identified and opportunities to improve performance are capitalized upon.
- Participate in the development and roll out of manpower planning and forecasting activity, ensuring that one’s department is sufficiently resourced and appropriately structured to deliver on its objectives.
- Regularly conduct hotel / department visits to work in partnership with Business Leaders to address issues and assist with the effective implementation of the agreed annual business plans.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective financial performance of the hotels through effective leadership and balanced control.
Sales & Marketing
- Oversee and manage the sales, profitability and cash flow goals and objectives for the cluster hotels in accordance with the plans set down from NEOM Hotel Development.
- Partner with the strategic sales and marketing activities for the hotels to support the company portfolio, business mix, product development, brand positioning, reservation delivery system other key activities whilst ensuring strict compliance with the company logo protocol at all times.
- Act as a Brand / Company Ambassador, participating in PR and press events to strategically promote the business.
- Timely recruitment and onboarding of employees for the cluster hotels.
- Leads and supports team members and consultants within operations and other departments as/when required.
- Manage department staff and teams by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, training and development to ensure high levels of engagement and competence.
- Advise, coach and support managers to proactively handle employee performance effectively, ensuring legal and procedural compliance of the cluster hotels.
- Define and maintain a clear talent selection policy that is aligned to the NEOM Hospitality business requirements and person profile, in addition to ensuring the retention and attraction of a sufficient number of national employees, building links with relevant talent development programs in the country to support Saudi nationals into the hospitality industry.
Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE)
- Oversee and ensure compliance to all relevant QHSE management policies, procedures, and controls across their hotel to ensure that the cluster of hotels provide a safe, world-class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
- Ensure a key focus on quality and consistency is achieved across the business in every guest experience.
- Develop strategies, policies and methods to achieve a Quality Experience in keeping with the Brand Promise and focus upon continuous improvement in efficient and well-established timescales / deadlines.
Systems and Processes
- Develop and oversee the implementation of policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of the hotel’s activity so that all relevant procedural / legislative requirements and standards are fulfilled to ensure that all cluster hotels deliver a world-class service.
- Accountable for ensuring the implementation of SOPs for all practices, procedures and policies across the cluster of hotels.
- Responsible for defining and ensuring the implementation and effectiveness of all internal business practices and processes.
- Leads, coordinates, delivers as/when required any special projects related to the hospitality sector at the request of the Executive Director, Hotel Development.
Background, Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A proven track record of being directly responsible for Hotel operations, project management, preopening and operations at multi-unit level.
- A proven track record of dynamic and successful leadership in cluster Hotel operations (leading luxury and other segment hotel operators, etc)
- Evidence of having managed large national/international Hotels
- Minimum fifteen (15)+ years of experience experience in Hospitality, five (5) years in luxury industry
- Strong knowledge of hotel operations, financial management, sales and marketing, and guest satisfaction strategies.
- A proven high level of sporting achievement or involvement over a number of years
- High level of luxury/upscale island experience
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams to achieve outstanding results.
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to identify opportunities and challenges and develop effective solutions.
- Strong financial acumen, with the ability to analyze financial reports, identify trends, and implement strategies to improve profitability and revenue growth.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies that drive occupancy, revenue, and market share.
- Experience in managing budgets, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Proven track record of achieving operational excellence, guest satisfaction, and financial targets.
- Fluency in English and any other relevant language.
- Comprehensive knowledge of governing bodies, committees, and regulatory organizations across the hotel sector
- Comprehensive networks with regional/global hotel companies (e.g. leading hotel chains: Four Seasons, Marriott, Soho House, Accor, etc.)
- A visionary mindset, ready to challenge and advance the future of hotels
- Seen as a leader in own sector and a credible partner across other tourism-related sectors
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Executive Leadership or equivalent
- Hotel Management Experience
- Hotel Pre-Opening Experience
COMMUNICATION - MAIN STAKEHOLDERS
- Regional Executive Director and team
- Hotel Development team and other teams and sectors across NEOM
- External partners
- External consultants and service providers