We set out to build the world’s most trusted consulting firm – creating lasting impact for clients and pioneering a positive, people-first way of working. We work with everyone from FTSE 100 names to bright new start-ups, in every sector.
You’ll find us collaborating shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients, from the big picture right down to the detail: helping them define their strategy, deliver complex change, spot the right commercial opportunities, manage risk or bring their purpose and sustainability goals to life. Our clients love how we get to know what makes their businesses tick – slotting seamlessly into their teams and being proudly geeky about solving their challenges.
We have hubs in Europe, the US, Asia and Australia, and we work all around the world – from a wind farm in Wyoming to a boardroom in Berlin. Find us wherever there’s a challenge to be tackled and an impact to be made.
Baringa believe that diversity is paramount to driving creativity, innovation, and value for our clients and for our people, and creating an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging is central to our culture.
Our Hydrogen practice are looking for a Senior Consultant to join their team
Hydrogen is a critical component to reach net zero in the UK and globally, offering an important decarbonisation route for hard-to-abate sectors of the economy such as heavy industry and transport. The hydrogen market is an exciting and fast-growing market globally, which brings fantastic opportunities to work on new and innovative projects with clients keen to be at the forefront of decarbonisation efforts.
Baringa’s hydrogen team works with clients globally to identify and implement hydrogen strategies, policies and projects. We work on cutting edge first-of-kind projects with our clients, helping to shape and grow the hydrogen economy.
What will you be doing?
The role being recruited for is an opportunity to work on hydrogen project delivery and the development of proposals along with the rest of the hydrogen team. We are a flexible and non-hierarchical team with a collaborative and curious ethos and a global perspective.
You will apply your passion for the hydrogen space and decarbonisation to a wide range of innovative projects, working in a fast-paced environment with a broad range of clients. Every day will be different and every project will be new, exciting and challenging.
You will take a core role in the delivery of hydrogen projects, guided and mentored by the rest of the team, and focusing on the delivery of technical pieces of work which are relevant to your areas of expertise and interest in the hydrogen space. Additionally, you will be part of bid teams pulling together proposals for new pieces of work.
Your areas of focus will depend on your experience and skillset, but could include for example building macro models of hydrogen demand and supply, building models to investigate the commercial drivers of specific hydrogen projects, market analysis, strategic advisory, assessing and designing regulatory and policy mechanisms, engaging with stakeholders including hydrogen offtakers, project development and commercial analysis, bid strategies, offtake development and accessing funding, developing decarbonisation strategies, providing advisory on transactions and much more!
As well as working on hydrogen, you will have the opportunity to work within the wider Baringa family depending on your interests. We’re keen for individuals to run with areas they’re passionate about and have a purposefully flexible approach to team structures and resourcing to allow a broad range of experiences.
So, what are we looking for?
Some Of The Key Sills We Are Looking For
We recruit individuals at all levels based on merit. Don't worry about 'fitting into a quota'; if you can demonstrate some of the skills we are after we would love to hear from you.
- Keen interest in the hydrogen space and awareness of key players, projects and market drivers.
- Ideally hydrogen experience in a commercial advisory consulting role or in industry. However, the hydrogen market is developing quickly and candidates without specific hydrogen experience but transferrable skills and keen interest in the area would also be considered.
- Flexibility and ability to shuffle different priorities within a fast-paced environment.
So, what's in it for you?
Well, it’s up to you. Baringa is what you make it.
- Promotion is solely based on your own performance, and we give you every opportunity to progress by having four promotional reviews a year
- We’re proud to put people first with wellbeing at the forefront of our culture, one example of this is that every employee receives £300 a year to put towards their wellbeing! In 2022 this was recognised in our #1 ranking in the UK’s Great Place To Work 'Best Workplaces for Wellbeing'.
- All employees participate in the Baringa Group Profit Share Scheme, which seeks to ensure that everyone has a stake in the success of the company.
- We recognise everyone needs a well-deserved break - As such we have introduced the ‘Re-charge’ benefit meaning Baringa will offer all employees an additional 2 weeks of paid leave after 5 years continuous service.
- Lastly, we recognise the importance of work-life balance and we know that the ‘ideal’ balance will vary from person to person and will change at different stages of our working lives. If you require flexible working, please talk to one of our Recruiters about the flexibility you may need.
Diversity & Inclusion
All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, faith or social background. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We would like to actively encourage applications from those who identify with less represented and minority groups. We do not filter applications by university background and encourage those who have taken alternative educational and career paths to apply.