Statkraft is Europe's largest generator of renewable energy from hydro, wind and solar power. We have over 5,300 employees in 21 countries. We have been making clean energy possible for over 125 years, with unrivalled expertise in supplying the world with what it needs most. We envision a world that runs entirely on renewable energy.
Because in the fight against climate change, we do not see renewable energy as part of the solution – we believe it must be the solution.
With us, you will shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. If you’re an experienced Senior Project Manager with experience in developing energy projects in the UK, you can start a career that helps to solve the climate crisis, with Statkraft.
The main purpose of the role is to develop a number of green hydrogen projects from greenfield through to commencement of construction. Realise the potential of renewable energy. Make a positive impact on our planet.
From helping to run advanced renewable power plants, developing the technologies that power EV charging infrastructures, to supporting our business solutions and corporate functions. With Statkraft, you’ll be working and collaborating alongside other technology and digital experts to innovate, maintain and provide the world with renewable energy.
As a Senior Project Manager in the UK Hydrogen team, you will:
- Take the Project Manager role in green hydrogen projects in development phase
- Manage the planning submission and business case preparation for green hydrogen projects (including projects co-located with renewable assets). Liaise and co-ordinate with external planning and the consultation teams in both the preparation of planning applications and the local consultation plans
- Identify, approach and manage relationship with potential off takers of green hydrogen projects. Work collaboratively with internal Commercial and Technical teams to deliver offtake agreements
- Develop projects in accordance with Statkraft’s Capital Project Model, and to Statkraft’s standards in Corporate Responsibility, HSSE and quality. Take responsibility for overall project phase budget and Statkraft’s quality assurance framework for capital projects
- Maintain industry knowledge on relevant wider issues and representations; actively contribute to Statkraft’s industry engagement including working groups and consultation responses
- Degree or equivalent experience in relevant subject e.g. Engineering, Environmental, Planning discipline
- Experience in project development and / or project management of energy developments
- Experience of having involvement in management of project budgets and schedules from early stage development to point of construction
- Professional qualification in project management discipline an advantage
- Experience in the development / consenting of hydrogen production projects
- Participation in industry working groups and consultation responses
- Great social and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills who love to teach and help others learn
- Proactive, creative and solution orientated with strong attention to detail
A career with Statkraft is a career filled with purpose – meaning that every employee is not just making a living, they are making a real difference to the planet, our communities, and the future. With us, you’ll shape a career that is truly forward-facing with many amazing opportunities and offerings to match. This includes:
- An opportunity to work with renewable energy and contribute to a low emission society
- Professional and personal development in an exciting global company
- A working environment characterized by competence, responsibility, innovation and a strong commercial culture
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes
- Career and learning opportunities at various levels of the organisation
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and background
- Hybrid working